Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hillarious

Ok, so we always have problems with telemarketers calling Girly Girl's cell phone. Last night was not the exception. Around 8 pm her phone rang. Hubs picks it up. The next thing I hear is "NO, NO, NO, You're DUUUMMMBBB" in this moaning, groaning, type voice. I was thinking "What the hell?". My first thought was that it was my sister calling Girly and Hubs was messing with her. But then it kept going and going and going. "NO, NO, NO, You're DUUUMBB!" I walked over to him and he was trying to contain his laughter. I was asking who it was and figured by now if it was my sister he would have started talking normally. So I asked him if it was a telemarketer. He shook his head yes. The ritual of No's and You're Dumb's went on for almost twenty minutes along with a few high pitched squeals and screams from Hubs. I couldn't believe this guy would put up with Hub's obnoxious behavior for so long. We were laughing our asses off. So finally I got the phone. I asked the man why he was calling this number when it belonged to a mentally challenged person. ( Now the rest of this story contains the word retard many times, so if this is going to offend you, please don't read on. I didn't do this to offend anyone or make fun of challenged people, it was just all in good fun to mess with this guy who was relentless in selling us something.) He said he was not wanting to talk to the phone owner, but to the owner of the house. I told him this phone belonged to a retard named Timmy and that is who he was speaking with earlier, and that he should not be calling his phone. He kept saying he did not want to talk to the phone owner, but the home owner. I told him I owned the home. That I was running a business at this number. I told him this was a house full of retards and I take care of them. He finally started laughing. He said "Do you just take care of the one?" and I said "No, I take care of four of them!" By then I couldn't stop laughing and the telemarketer was too. He asked me "Is it difficult to take care of retards?" That got me rolling. I still couldn't believe that this guy was still on the phone with us for a half hour. I told him yes it was hard to take care of these retards and with him calling one of their phones did not make it easier. He finally said "ok mam, you have a Happy New Year then!" By this time Hubs was moaning and stuff in the background and I was calling him Timmy. I was saying "No Timmy, this man didn't mean to scare you, he's your friend. He says Happy New Year!" and Hubs is still moaning and groaning. "Yes, Timmy, he's your friend, he didn't mean to scare you!" So then the man was about to hang up and I was like 'Wait, wait, Timmy wants to talk to you again!" So then I handed Hubs back the phone and he started moaning and stuff again. I then started yelling, "No, No Timmy, don't do that! It's ok Timmy, No No No, Bad Timmy, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Then Hubs hung up. He couldn't take it anymore, he was laughing so hard. I would have preferred to stay on the phone a bit longer, but it was to late. That was the most fun we have had in a long time. It was great. After that, Hubs finally told me why he started the whole "NO You're DUUMMMBB" thing. He has this CD by a group called Psychostick. And on it there is a part that is a telemarketer calling a guy and he just keeps repeating no and you're dumb to her. So that's where the idea came from. He said in the beginning of the call the telemarketer was asking him all kinds of stuff like what's your first and last name and your bank account number and he would just keep repeating "No" and "you're dumb." The guy asked Hubs what his last name was and Hubs just moaned "NOOOO" and the guy was like "So is that spelled N, O?" LOL to funny. I hope we get another telemarketer that calls soon.

8 comments:

Amie said...

I didn't realize telemarketers called cell phones?? Jeremiah likes to mess with telemarketers too.

Jamie said...

LOL That is SOOOO funny!!! Bet you gave the guy a good laugh! I hate when they call our cell phone and I usually don't answer it if its a number I don't know!

Me said...

LMFAO! Holy shit, you have me rolling! I can totally see you asses doing that. So if the telemarketer was laughing too, I'm assuming he knew you were screwing with him? But I'd be pissed that he got a hold of Girly's number. How'd he do that? But, yah, totally funny. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. Love ya!

ALRO said...

ok.. that's funnier than my Pamela Anderson story!

Christie E. Little said...

Are you kidding me? I'm able to post? LOL! Woohoo!

That phone call is just too funny! I'm cracking up just reading about it.
Happy Belated Christmas. I tried to post, but i know you were having blogger issues. :)
xoxo
C

Spikey1 said...

Back!

Unknown said...

Hilarious! We used the telephone for pranks as kids when it rained outside and we couldn't play baseball. But THIS STORY beat out anything I did. And I thought I was outrageous!!!

Ju said...

That is way too funny. I can't believe that guy did not just hang up. I hate telemarketers. I should mess with them one day.