Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I feel like Wacking someone!!

You know when you hear something and it just makes you so pissed off you wanna smack someone? Well I heard something the other day that did just that. Get this.... Some stupid broad in California is trying to pass a bill that bans spanking. Yes, bans spanking. If caught, or turned in or whatever, it could result in a fine, or even jail time. Whats next? Are they going to ban the "time outs" or "groundings" due to the fact that it could emotionally scar a child?? Come on people. I in no way promote child abuse. I think people who beat children are sick and should be clubbed themselves. But I have no problem in wacking my children when they need to put in line once in a while. I have and always will feel that spanking has it's place. If my 2 yr. old runs out in the street, I am not going to stand there and be like "Now honey, that car there could have hit you, and you would get seriously hurt, so please don't ever do that again." That's crap. My 2 yr. old is not going to understand that shit. But when I give him a good swat on the ass, I know for sure he'll remember not to run out there again. I was spanked occasionally as a kid, and I turned out fine. Well as fine as I could be (I will admit, I am a little strange, but I think that may have been all those drugs!! lol j/k). I feel there is a HUGE line between beating your child and using a good swat every once in a while. Not all spankings are child abuse, and not all spankings lead to emotional and physical scarring. Anyways, you can read a little bit about it here http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070119/lf_afp/uspoliticschildren_070119202053
Please let me know what you all think!
Now I must go and spank my children before it could get me thrown in jail or fined!! lol
Oh and by the way, Baby Boy is turning 1 tomorrow! My little baby is growing up way to fast. I will be sure to post some pics!

4 comments:

ALRO said...

Amen sistah! Praise Jesus; testify... HAAAAAAAALLEHLUEAH!!! WOOOOOOO!

*clears throat* I.. I mean... Exactly!

Kids are off'n each other, stabbing each other, smokin' more dope than before and painting graffitti all over the place because parents don't discipline their kids....

I got whack in the ass, and slapped in the face for swearing when i was a kid... i'm not scarred, demented (ok.. the jury's out on that one) or a serial killer...

This one is making my Mayhem minute this morning!!

Amie said...

I read this a few days ago. While I, personally, don't feel spanking is necessary I think a no spanking law is a very scary intrusion into parental rights. And even the people who want to pass it admit it would be pretty much impossible to enforce.

Me said...

I totally agree with you. Some days when Baby Girl won't mind, a quick swat is just what she needs to remember who's boss.

That's just horseshit if you ask me.

And, HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY BABY BOY!!!!!!! Aunty Wethyb loves you!!! I hope you got my money okay :D

Jamie said...

I think I heard this a week or so ago. Unbelievable. It is scary to think what the government is going to start doing to take away our rights as parents. Sometimes a spanking is necessary- and we're all for them. Geez, its even in the Bible...but the government doesn't like to follow that nowadays does it??? What is this country coming to?!?!?!?