Monday, June 26, 2006

Weekend Heat

This weekend was another scorcher!! It got up to 112 on Saturday. It was one of those days that you want to take the kids out to get out and run, but you step out and immediately retreat to the air conditioning. They played allot out in the pool that's set up on the back patio, and the slip and slide, but even that gets a little dull after a while. So we have decided to try and take a trip to the library this week and get some books and do something new for Girly Girl, but honestly, I am dreading trying to keep Crazy Boy in line and out of stuff, and also trying to keep Baby Boy content at the same time! I am running out of ideas to keep the squirts occupied.

On Saturday, the hubby had a bunch of friends over to play Dominoes. Girly Girl had lots of fun. One of the guys brought his daughter over too, and they got to play their own games. Then after most of the people left, she got to play at the big table with a few of the adults. She had lots of fun and played a great game. I got to watch over the little ones running around, and occupy Baby Boy at the same time. He is eating cereal on a regular basis now, and loves it. He is trying to sit up on his own when being held onto, and is rolling over quite a bit. He is starting to look more and more like his brother. He turned 5 months old the other day!! It's crazy because all my other kids were eating cereal allot by this age, and it's weird that he is just now starting. But the other kids were off of breastfeeding at this age also.

Sunday was just another lazy day. Kids played outside in the pool, and Hubby and I had a water gun fight. Not much to it.

Crazy Boy has this rash though. I did some research and the only rashes that come close to the look and description of his rash are a Contact rash, and a Heat rash. It has been there for about a month now, and doesn't bother him at all. He doesn't scratch at it, and hasn't had any type of fever or sickness. We have been putting hydrocortisone cream on it, and hoping it will go away. It's on his chest, upper arms and upper thighs. It feels like sand paper, and seems to get red when wet or irritated by touching. I have kept an eye on his groin area, and there luckily is nothing down there. I think I am going to take him to the Ped this week though. Just to be on the safe side. All the websites said that if they are not pussy, or blistery, no fever, vomiting or sickness, or if the child is content and happy that is is probably not necessary to have them seen and it should go away. But, I don't know, I guess for my own peace of mind, I will have Crazy seen.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

It'a hot here in Georgia too...but 112? that just blows my mind!!

Me said...

I was so happy we got to talk yesterday. It had been waaaaay tooo long!!!

I hope that rash goes away. It's good it's not bothering him, but it'd bother me. I have no idea what it could be, but hopefully someone will know!

Love ya!

Marisa said...

Whoa! New look, new address. How's a girl to find you. LOL

112 is crazy-ass heat. I don't think it ever gets that hot here.

Hope that rash goes away soon.

Ju said...

Glad you started blogging again. You need to let us know that you've started back up again! =)

Jamie said...

Do you have horrible humidity too? I can't imagine that hot. Yuck. I thought 90s was bad! Glad to see you blogging again.

eyes_only4him said...

ok are u blogging again?..damn your trying to be sneaky on me..