Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas has Come and Gone

It seems the older I get, the faster the time goes by. Especially around this time of year. It seems like just yesterday I was being bugged non-stop about how long it was till Christmas, and Crazy just made his Christmas chain, and was wondering why he couldn't take off more then 1 each day. Now the chain is gone, the tree is bare, and the countdown is through. Kinda depressing if you ask me. Now I am dreading the time when I have to take down all the gazillions of decorations I have put up, and pack them away.

Christmas was it's usual paper throwing, box ripping, kids whining, chaos filled morning. The kids got to much crap, and half of it is missing or broken already. Fights have erupted, and toys have been thrown because even though Santa tried his hardest to get 2 certain little boys the same type of gifts, 1 of them always wants the blue one over the red one, or the regular legos, over the cars legos. Or God forbid, they got Wiki Sticks instead of the beloved Bendaroos. What drama that was. Santa can never get the shit right, bastard.

Even with all that going on..it is still my favorite time of year! I love watching their faces as they open their gifts Christmas morning, the excitement when they go to bed on Christmas Eve, the insistence that Santa needs more then 1 cookie and a half glass of milk, and the innocence of all their questions (Why can't Rudolph play with the other reindeer? His nose isn't bad!")I better soak it all in while I can, because before I know it, it will be my grand babies doing this stuff!

So here are a few pics of our Christmas. I played with my photos a bit and did some neat effects.

Ok, blogger is being temperamental at the moment, so I will have to postpone the pics till it gets its act together!

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas. I dread taking down my tree. I love the twinkling....

Looking forward to the pictures!

Me said...

I always get depressed this time of year. I hate when Christmas comes and goes, the new year starts and it's back to the grind of everyday life. But this year we get to go on vaca for a week afterwards, so it'll be good until we get back :)

Grammy said...

Great pics and I agree with what u said about the tree and stuff.The place looks so empty:(

Grammy said...

Great pics and I agree with what u said about the tree and stuff.The place looks so empty:(