Thursday, December 11, 2008

Busy Bee

It seems as if time is flying and the holidays are coming and going so quickly. Christmas is right around the corner, and before I know it, it will be 2009. Weird.

I haven't really been up to anything spectacular. Gearing up for Christmas, and getting extremely excited that the temps have dropped here in To Hot Shithole, and it is pretty cold. Well in the mornings and nights anyways. During the days, it still gets up in the mid 50's. They are calling for possible snow this weekend, which excites the living shit out of me. Pretty sad, but it just isn't Christmas time without the white stuff, or at least being cold.

Thanksgiving went well. Quiet, and nice. Had a crapload of food for the 6 if us (Hub's dad was here)and had leftovers for to long afterwords.

We got our family pics done a few weeks ago. Finally. I usually try to stay up-to-date on that kind of stuff, but I have been slacking. But, I was on top of my Christmas cards...lol...we got the pictures for the cards with the first shot. It's craziness trying to get a self portrait of 5 people, and actually succeeding with the first pic. So those have been done up, and sent out.

We had another earthquake. This one was completely different from the last. Not that rolling wave feeling. This was full on walls shaking and it sounded as if a herd of cattle were running across the roof. Hubs and I were in the garage changing Christmas bulbs and before we knew what was happening, it was over. The epicenter was located about 20 mins from us. The news said it was a 5.1 I guess. Pretty damn scary. This mid-west girl sure needs to get her bearings when it comes to this earthquake bullshit. I mean, I'm used to tornado drills and sirens, and having get into a basement or whatnot. With this earthquake crap, there's no preparing, and there isn't shit you can do. I mean, if the fricken earth is going to open up and swallow you, you can't do anything but stand there and shit yourself. And it happens so quickly, what do you do when your kids are in a completely different room? Me and Hubs ran in to check on the boys because they were asleep in their bunk beds. We wanted to make sure nothing had jarred loose, and come apart. So now we are contemplating taking them down, and having the boys use separate beds. Girly was in her room watching a movie and came running out the front door asking if we had felt that. She said her Christmas tree and tv started shaking in her room. Scary shit I tell ya.

So aside from Christmas stuff, kid stuff, and earthquakes, there isn't much else happening around here. Just surviving.

Now I leave you with some pictures.

This is what happens during my bathtime, when I am trying to get a moments peace and privacy....
Baby Boy and Sokka in the bathroom eating and playing with my bubbles.






5 comments:

Lisa said...

I was wondering what happened to ya! Thanks for the update!

I can only imagine how unnerving experiencing an earthquake can be!

Me said...

Love the Christmas pics! And your blog is turning out like mine--nothing :) I'm trying to get back into it.

Jamie said...

Your boys look like twins! So glad your ok....an earthquake would be freaky!

I Am Boymom said...

Ooh! I am behind on everything too! Your pics are awesome, I love the family photo! The earthquake thing woud freak me out, cuz yer right...not much you can do but ride it out. Hang in there!

Ben said...

Welcome to Cali, earthquakes are old hat around here for us. Now throw our asses in the middle of a tornado and we'll be shitting bricks.

The pic of that dog is too damn funny, I could definitely see a few captions on that one.

Happy Holidays to you and your crew.

Cheers man