Thursday, November 16, 2006

Holy Crap

Do you know what I just realized?? My 2nd kid, aka Crazy Boy has never played in the snow before. He was born in sunny Hawaii, and then we moved from there to this rat hole called Southern California. Yah it gets cold here in the desert, but rarely does it snow. So now, we are headed to Michigan next week in the dead of winter. Not only the lower part of Michigan though, we will also be making a trip to the tippy tippy top of the U.P.. That is where 300 inches of snow is a light winter. We are gonna have so much fun. Yes, we will freeze our asses off, but at least we will have fun doing it. I will have to take lots and lots of pictures of the kids playing in the wet, cold stuff. Would it be mean of me to push Crazy head first into a 4 foot snow drift? Because everytime I think about doing such a thing, I crack up.

7 comments:

Amie said...

How far up North are you headed? Right now, our snow is gone. I hope it snows again before your trip!

Choppzs said...

Amie,
We are headed all the way up to the Dollar Bay area. That's the area where Chris' family lives. His mom lives a little bit further up though. They've been getting slammed lately I guess, so it should be fun.

Ben said...

He's in for culture shock to say the least, that should be good for a few Kodak Moments.

Have fun.

Jamie said...

Wow! You're headed to my neck of the woods! I didn't know you had family up there... It's such a small area that my family probably knows his! Hannah remembers snow but not Josiah...it would be pure shock for them! We were going to fly home for Christmas but no such luck...maybe when we can afford to pay $4000!!! Have a great time! And say hello to my family up in da UP!

Amie said...

Wow, all the way to Dollar Bay? Snow definately won't be a problem!

Me said...

We're not even close to the dead of winter here silly! But, yes, the U.P prolly has a shit ton of it for Crazy to play in. You can take it all back with ya too! It hink it'd be funny to throw him head-first....we always got that done to us...turn about is fair play isn't it??? LOL.

Michelle said...

When you drive thru L'Anse and Baraga think of all those crazy Mleko's that live there. We left there five years ago for warm and sunny Florida but try to visit as much as possible.