Sunday, November 19, 2006

Home Sweet Home

1 more day! That's all, and then we will be flying home to Michigan. I am soooo excited. We have a whole list of things we plan on doing while at home, but I just know half of it wont get done because of the running around and spending time with the family. I do know though, that on our way up to the U.P.(to see Hubs side of the family) we will be stopping to get some Pasties, smoked fish, salt water taffy and yummy Mackinac fudge. All the wonderful things I used to get when I was a kid going on summer vacations up to the U.P. It's the off season though, so allot of places will be closed, but just driving up there and seeing all the familiar sights and sharing them with my kids will be good enough for me. I would love to stop at the Mystery Spot, and have the kids experience that like I did, but it wont be open. Then there is Sea Shell City and The Cross in the Woods. And of course, seeing the Mighty Mac. Seeing the bridge brings back so many memories (like Hubs being a wiener, and asking the toll booth guy where the U.P. was just to be a jackass LOL). It's an awesome sight. The best thing by far though, will be seeing our families. It's a bit depressing living all the way out here in Cali. Especially in the middle of the desert. But, I guess that makes trips like these all the more special. I CAN'T WAIT!!! :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Heather,
Camp is fun. I am glad your dad went up. I know my sister vicky shot two doe last week for camp meat. Uncle Jimmy is out there also. Uncle Larry, Donny, Joey and Gerry stop out to visit too plus I think Jacob is staying with uncle Larry. They get lots of visitors this time of year. We still have lots of family in the area but it is hard to visit everyone and do all things listed in such a short visit plus beware of public restrooms traveling and bring wipes. My kids always seem to get sick when we fly. They touch everything it seems like and there are so many germs this time of year. Have fun!!! I hope it snows for you. Tell your ma and dad Hi!!! and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Me said...

Yay! You're on your way home as we speak!!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow and party!! Woo hoo!!!!

Thanksgiving will be so much fun!!!

Jamie said...

Have a GREAT time! And a Happy Thanksgiving. All I can say is: I. Am. Jealous. Big. Time.

Ben said...

NINjoy Heather and you and your sister get piss drunk like good siblings, not to mention chow down on some turkey.

Have fun you guys.

Ben said...

Safe travels and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Cheers