Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Day 7 of Potty Training 101





Yes, as you may be able to tell, we are still working with "The Boy" and his potty training. This would be day 7 of no diapers, and lots of cleaning. He is doing OK, he has peed in the pot numerous times, but for some reason he can't get the hang of standing. He likes to sit. Either way, as long as he pees in the crapper, I don't care how he does it. But then, of course, when he sits, he can't get the hang of tucking "it" in. So then of course it sprays all over. My bathroom has been cleaned at least a dozen times, and then of course I have to disinfect it. But hey, at least he's realizing he has to pee in the toilet. That is until this morning. I am in the kitchen cleaning up breakfast and I hear "Mama, I pooooooooppped!" Awe, crap, he shit on the floor again (yes, last night we had a nice chunk of poopy to clean up off the floor). Nope, he just peed on my couch. Damn. So now, I have to clean up my couch, and hope to God it doesn't come out smelling like piss! Damn, how long is this gonna take??? I don't know how much longer I can go without my hair falling out. Or my hands falling off from all the cleaning. Either way, I hope this catches on soon for him so I can put all my carpets back in the bathroom, go back to cleaning the bathroom once a week, and stop doing this rediculous pee pee dance everytime he goes (Yes, I would show you this wonderful new dance craze, but I look like a complete idiot, and I am not going to subject myself to any further torture!) As you can see in the pictures, my couch is torn apart and baking in the sun, and that little cleaning machine has been my savior this week!! And of course, as I am typing, Crazy has gone and peed in the potty!!!! YAHHHHH!!! I had to help him tuck "it" again, but he's grasping the concept of when he feels he has to go, he tells me!!

7 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

shit, I am glad my Boo isnt the only retard who pisses on my couch..

sonofabitch.

aint potty training grand?

Unknown said...

I'm telling you...wait until he's ready to be enrolled in Kindergarten and he'll be trained in a day. When they're that old they can get the hang of these types of things in one day.

Jamie said...

I trained Josiah to 'sit'. I had one of those potty chairs with the 'lip' things. Probably took awhile for him to learn that it needs to be 'tucked' in there though. We may be soon following suit...Gabe's been taking off his diaper and all. Yesterday he peed on the floor in his room and all over the bathroom. Oh, boys are so grand! At least with girls you don't really have to worry about it shooting at you or the wall! I'm glad he's getting the hang of it...hang in there- the persistance will pay off!

Me said...

Good luck honey :) I've got my own I have to deal with soon....at least she's a GIRL :)

ALRO said...

after a while i just invited Raymond in the can with me everytime i had to piss or poop! He got the hang of it...

Ben said...

Look at that pad, very nice little lady.

Linda said...

Yay, I'm glad he's finally getting it. It sounds like you've had a rough road though.

Luckily Alyssa "got it" pretty much right away with minimal accidents. We STILL diaper at night and nap (if she has one). I've tried no diaper and end up just cleaning sheets. I guess I'll wait for a few days of dry diapers before I tempt that fate again. I'm thinking not anytime soon though.

I do have to say that even though I had a girl to train, she still got piss everywhere. She liked to lift her leg on the potty and the pee seemed to spray everywhere anyways. She hasn't done it in a while, but occasionally it still happens and I'm also disinfecting my bathroom more than I'd like to.

Good luck and I hope it continues. What a pain, but MUCH better than diapers!!