Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Busy Bee

Seems like it has been very hectic around here! First off, this weekend we did the yearly pumpkin patch picken thing. It was fun, and the kids had allot of fun picking their pumpkins.

Then we have the beautiful built in curio in the house that I decided to paint. The last pic is what the thing looked like before I got my hands on it. The ugly rusted doorknocker handles have been replaced with lovely simple, silver ones. That alone took me 2 days. With the kids and dogs running around through my paint, and having to stop, go, stop, go with the kiddos, that's why it took me so long.

I was gonna go and take pics of the outside of the house, but today is another wind advisory, and unless I want my teeth enamel wiped clean from all the flying sand, I think I'll wait till another day.

So until then..... tata ladies and gents!







8 comments:

Melissa said...

Looking good! We just went pumpking pickin too!

Amie said...

Glad you remembered your traditional pic of you and your hubs :D

You guys have been so busy, everything looks great.

Lisa said...

The curio looks great - good work!

Cute pic of the kiddies. I just love going to the pumpkin patch!

The inside of the house looks terrific. You definitely have been a busy bee. Can't wait to see what the outside looks like! So, isn't it fantastic being a homeowner?! I miss it sooooo much.....

{illyria} said...

you and the family make such a pretty picture. hope everything's going beautifully!

kimmyk said...

great job on the painting!

i can't wait to see more photos!

for a different kind of girl said...

How cute are you two and those kids? Gah! Gorgeous!

And you did a beautiful job on the curio. You could probably get one of those HGTV jobs, and really market it as 'real life,' what with having to do all that work with kids and dogs afoot. No dream vacations to exotic locations while a team of so called experts tear up your place!

Nature Girl said...

you guys are such a cute couple! Love it..
that curio...awsome job! I love the paint job!
and that pic of the kidlets...adorable!
Stacie

Jamie said...

Awww...I wanna find a pumpkin patch. I love the job you did on your curio.