Monday, October 29, 2007

Odd Visitor

Most likely due to the wildfires that have burning here in Southern Cali we have a visitor in the trees on the side of the property. His name is Bob and he is a cat. That's right, we have a bobcat in a tree on the side of the house. Our neighbor came over and told us this evening that his dog warned him of something over there. He got out his gun and spotted the guy sitting up in the branches. Animal control and the sheriff's dept. told him later to just let the guy be and he'll probably get down and leave on his own and most likely he is here because he got smoked out by the fires. As long as he isn't hurting anyone we have no reason to shoot him. But holy crap if I let the kids and dogs out unattended till I know he's gone. I can't get any decent pics just because I am not brave enough to get close enough to snap a good shot. So now just since this weekend we have encountered our first scorpion and now our first bobcat. Yahhhhhhh (that's dripping with sarcasm in case you couldn't tell! lol), I wonder what other creatures we may stumble upon out here at our new home???

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness...I'd be high-tailing it out of that desert country!!!

Melissa said...

I saw a bobcat at my grandparents house in California. Very scary! I also found a scorpion in my closet when we lived there (I was a little girl). I wasn't a very clean person so he had a nice dark place to hide. LOL

ALRO said...

well.. how special!
Those fires are nuts....
What even craziers is fox tv claiming that it was an Al'Queada plot to attack the state by burning fires...

jesus.... Next thing you know - it'll be because of global warming (cue NBC! ) woops.. old news ...

eyes_only4him said...

we have those bobcats in the woods near here....they are pretty dangerous..

also we had had a mom and two bear cubs roaming around our neighborhood..and we live in a city, but a woods is not far away..

if u have small animals, keep them in if there is a bobcat loose..

Nature Girl said...

Bobcat? you couldn't pull me away from the tree if there were a bobcat in it, I'd be out there snapping pictures left and right! Scorpion however? In my book, scorpions are the SAME as spiders, 'cept a tad more deadly..but just a tad. I don't do scorpions and I dont' do spiders.
Snakes...now you might see a few more snakes than usual if things are taking refuge from the fires, you may see a few more than usual. Get some pics of those for me willya? I freakin' LOVE snakes!
Stacie
ps..can I come visit?

Amie said...

whoa! Wonder how long he will hang around.

for a different kind of girl said...

The boys and I saw a huge ass beetle while leaving Walgreens Tuesday night. Huge! Like, oh, I don't know, the size of a half dollar.

Does that count for creepy and scary?

No?

Yeah, I didn't think so. Not when there's a freakin' bobcat claiming your yard as it's new home!

(But I'm not kidding...that beetle was huge and right by my van, so I didn't wanna walk by it...)

Christie E. Little said...

A freaking Bobcat! Holy crap babe. You sound so calm. Oh maybe it's the gun in your midst. LOL. That's right you let your hubby have a gun. I don't even know where to start with a freaking Bob Cat. Your house is looking awesome. I'm so happy for you! Hope you had a great Halloween!

xoxo
Christie