Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Blog Neglect

OK, so I apologize for being a shitty blogger! But the last 2 weeks have been mad crazy around here. Everything is pretty much done on the inside of the house. Painting is done (except for a few things), doors are hung, and rooms are in order. Now the outside, that's a different story. We have done some minor cleanups aka picking up cigarette butts that the asshole before us left (now I am not discriminating against smokers, I am one, but I refuse to use the land as my ashtray. This jerk used the driveway as one big ashtray!), and we have done a little raking to cleanup some debris (weeds, piles of crap), but the major stuff is yet to be done. 3 acres is allot of land to take care of, and I refuse to let it look like shit. So the next few years will be allot of work. There's allot of trash scattered about, so weekends are going to be full of fun filled trash pickup duty.

But anyways.....I haven't gotten to taking pics of the outside yet, but I will, I swear! lol I didn't get any before pics of the house due to the fact that I am an idiot, and didn't charge my camera before I packed the charger! lol So when I went to actually do it, I found my camera to be dead and the box the charger was in was amongst piles and piles of shit. And I didn't bother to try to go through it, cause I am lazy like that. So anyways, without further Ado, I give you some lovely pics of the inside of our new home.



Girly's room with her purple wall!




Our master bedroom with dark blue walls. Hubs finally got his dark room! lol




These were the old doors in the house. As you can see they aren't very attractive.




These are our new doors. Aren't they so much better looking???




This is the color paint we used throughout the house. We call it Wendy's frosty color. The walls were all the same color as the old doors. That ugly brownish white color. So all the walls got a fresh coat of frosty color.




This is a view of the TV living room.




This is the sitting room that is next to the kitchen. I can't wait for Christmas time to decorate the 2 living rooms! lol




This is the little bar that is connected to the kitchen from the sitting room. The kids like to sit up here and eat!




This Hub's Marine Corps wall. In every house we have lived, he has had some sort of area where all his plaques, pics and Marine Corps knickknacks go. The cubes on each side made a perfect area to display all his stuff.




Lastly, this is the boy's room. Boy o Boy, this room gave us hell! I will go into more details later, but lets just say we got a color paint we thought would look good, but it ended up looking like a smurf on crack. The moment you walked in the room you were blinded by the blue. So we primered and re-painted and ended up with this. It looks great now, and despite all the work and problems, it turned out great. The ceiling is still the original blue, but softened with a border of white to look like clouds (Hub's doing!!)



So now that I have FINALLY shown you all my picture vomit, I will be sure to be on more often, and not wait so long to show more pics of the outside. I will be by to visit you all!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you've done with the house! Those doors look nasty (the old ones). Wow, you guys sure were busy! It looks GREAT!

Me said...

There's the pic of the boys' room :) I like it! And I like the Wendy's Frosty color too :) Definitely something we'd have here too. In fact, that's just a hair darker than what we painted the office. I really like Girly's purple too. She did a good job picking it out. It looks much bigger than I remember you saying too. Can't wait to see if in person! Love ya!

Melissa said...

Love it! The colors you picked are awesome!! You really have been busy and it looks like you did alot. Painting takes time, but the end result is well worth it. Great job!

Nature Girl said...

Wow..you guys did a fabulous job with everything. I love all the colors you picked out, I really love the dark color in your master bedroom. I always go for bright cheery or soothing colors adn dh always wants dark. I really REALLY like that..I may have to relent at the next house and go for the darker shade.
YOu sure have been busy, I'm glad you were able to get some pics up for us. I'll be around later next week..
Stacie

Liza said...

i love all the work you've put into the house! the master bedroom is my fave, looks very cozy and relaxing!

Linda said...

Looks like you have been very busy!

All the rooms look GREAT! You wanna come to my house and paint?? LOL!

ALRO said...

Very nice !! good work!!
I've been also neglecting my blog -- been so busy lately.. i finally posted this morning...

Ben said...

Nice, your place is looking good. Is the wall on the left black in the white door pic?

Cheers