Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Together

Catchy tune ahh? By the Turtles.

"I can't see me lovin nobody but you, for all my life...."

That's what the turtle world is saying about moi right now!

They love me, they really love me.

Remember the tear jerking tale I graced you with a couple weeks back about the desert tortoise who tried to cross the road? The one I so selflessly saved, while putting my own life in jeopardy? The turtle that I put before myself, just to get him to safety on the other side of the road? The turtle that owes his life to me?

Well he has gone and told all his friends about me.







This turtle came to say hello this morning. Either that or "Thank you", or "I am so grateful", or "I truly, truly love you". Something along those lines.

The kids got a kick out of him. Crazy spotted him out the front windows.

"Mama, Mama, there's a turtle out there in the yard!"

"Yeah, sure hon, whatever" I go about my work.

"Mama, Mama, there's really a turtle, look!"

"OK hon, give me a sec" roll my eyes.

"Mama, Mama, that turtle's moving real slow. Look, he moving real slow!"

At this point I start to think, what the hell is he talking about. I go over to the window and look out.

"Holy shit, there really is a turtle out there! Oh, sorry, don't repeat that!"

"Told you!"

I took them out there and took some pics with Mr. Turtle. And then, because I am informative and shit, I told them about how you never should touch them unless they are in danger, and you need to just let him go about his way.

"But I want a turtle pet! Can we take him inside and keep him?" says Crazy

So much for informative.



9 comments:

ALRO said...

Hey!!! after reading your comments on my blog - i felt compelled to uhm... come back here and uhh....

Say... Uh..
To express -- genuinely that uhh....

That uhmm... you.. uh...
You're absolutely right!! Wings were JOBBED last night. That NON-CALL was brutal.. the ref completely bogged the job.. and it should have been ruled in !! and that first non-call completely changed the outcome of that game...

So - you are right...
Now you may proceed to pace frustratingly throughout the room telling yourself - there's only 1 more game.

I've seen team implode because of calls like that that cost them the series....
I'm not saying that'll happen.. I'm just sayin......

for a different kind of girl said...

Holy crap! I thought you were going to say the turtle you saved had slowly made its way to your house and was at the door with a bouquet of flowers and a box of Russell Stovers, and that it had brought its entire family over to say thank you!

But holy crap instead!

I had two big old dogs running through my yard today. Doesn't compare!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Freaky! Did you give him a snack? What does one do when a turtle comes to visit? So strange. So much more pleasant than having a snack come by.

Neat Post!

Cheers Bella!

Me said...

Haha.....I'm sure his turtle buddy that stopped by was just thinking that he wanted to be the subject of a blog post like his buddy was.....see, now he's famous too :)

Lisa said...

You're the turtle whisperer!

Liza said...

turtles are one of my favorite animals - you got yourself a huge one!

kimmyk said...

that's a big ass turtle.
crazy shoulda thrown a saddle on the sucker and rode it down the street.

maybe next time?

because i'm sure now like in some secret turtle society you my friend are the grand poobah and turtles will come from miles around just to say thank you.

eyes_only4him said...

Seeing him makes me sad...

I had a tortise that looked just like that, and 3 years ago the fucker ran away..I had him inside my fenced yard because he liked to eat the dandilions..

then that night when I went to bring him in, he was gone, and someone had left the gate open..

I wonder if he high talided it to your place..

His name was Frankie...call him that and see if he turrns around..

Ben said...

Monster turtle, that looks like a fun filled day for your crew.

Cheers