Monday, October 30, 2006

Not so exciting weekend

This weekend was even more uneventful that the last! lol

All day long on Saturday Hubs worked. I mowed, weedwacked, and picked up dog shit. Fun. Oh and we also walked around the neighborhood scoping out the garage sales. Nadda. But I did spot a couple houses up for sale that looked very nice. But probably out of our price range (which isn't hard to do here in Cali!).

Sunday was another fun filled day. Hubs washed the cars, I trimmed the hedges and the kids played outside with friends. Later on after dinner, we carved our pumpkins.

It's really hard for me to grasp the concept that this town celebrates Halloween the night before Halloween. So on the 30th is trick-or-treating and on the 31st they have what they call the Mardi Gras parade of this town. Mardi Gras? What the hell is that? Come on. The local govs say that the parade keeps kids from getting into trouble on Halloween night. Uh, don't you think they will just cause havoc the night before then? Does it really seem to do any good? No! I even heard on the radio that the local highschool marching band is contemplating not marching in the parade this year. You wanna know why? Because every year they get pelted with fresh fruit. That's right. Fresh fruit. Some town spirit huh? So instead of letting the kids go out trick-or-treating on Halloween night, they tell us to go the night before so we can stand on the side of the road on the actual Halloween night and pelt the local band kids with fruit. I bet those hell raising teens are loving that. It's their chance to get out their produce and throw it at people. This town is brain dead!

I leave you with our oh so exciting pumpkin carving fiesta from last night!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

A Mardi Gras parade on Halloween? That is weird. I'm surprised they do that with the fruit throwing! I'm not even sure when ours is here...and since we don't do anything it doesn't matter (although we try to leave the lights out). Cute pic of the kids! They sure are growing!

Me said...

Your weekend sounds a lot like what mine usually are :)

That's jacked up about the Halloween stuff. Ours is tomorrow night but the suburbs around here do it tonight and last night...I think.

Cute pics...I loved all of those you sent me!

eyes_only4him said...

man, thats a weird way to do haloween, im just sayin..

ur lil goblins are cute..

Unknown said...

Wow, they've got that all f'd up with the Mardi Gras parade!?!?

Anywhooo...I don't think that my husband would trust me with a weedwacker...hell, I don't trust me with a weekwacker...

Ben said...

Mardi Gras? Very interesting. I think they need a new calendar over there, but who would complain for a gig like that? Happy Halloween.