Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Wishing for Fall

I have Fall envy. That's right ya'll, I am sitting here reading blog after blog about the beautiful changing leaves, and the fall smell in the air. Makes me wanna puke. This west coast version of Fall sucks ass! You know what it has done here to give me the impression that it is Fall? The temp has dropped. Yah, it is now only mid 80's during the day. Great? Yes. It's not 100 anymore. But it still sucks. The trees here in the good ol' desert don't change color. Probably because we don't have any gosh damn trees. We have 1. Yes 1. It's in our back yard. But it still doesn't change color. It doesn't even lose all it's leaves till December. But then they just brown and fall off. Sickening. I want to drive down the road again and see the beautiful yellow, orange, and red leaves on the trees. I want to walk out and smell burning leaves and the chill in the air. I want to make a huge pile of leaves and let my kids jump in them. But no.. that's not possible. Although, I could make a huge pile of dirt and tell them to pretend. But then they might get bitten up by ants, spiders, or the stray snake. I think I will pass on that idea.

But in the distance I see a light. And that light is called Michigan. It is calling us.

WE WILL SEE YOU SOON, MY BELOVED MICHGAN.

(In case you didn't know, we are going home for Thanksgiving! LOL)

But you know what? As soon as we get home, Fall will already be done with. We will probably get a shitload of snow, or some sort of blizzard and then get trapped there! But that's fine by me. Snow is great! We love the snow.

Damn, now I have Snow Envy.

8 comments:

Spikey1 said...

Love you guys too! :P

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm sorry to say but I'm pretty sure MI's leaves have peaked already or will soon...long before Halloween.

You can miss it as much as you want, I'll send you pictures from my neighborhood last year...gorgeous. Then you can prance out your backdoor with your flip flops on and forget about us poor old soaks freezing our bums off over here...

Amie said...

I posted a picture just for you today :D

Christie E. Little said...

Oh sweetie...the fall in the desert! Ugh!

I do remember that from AZ. Ok, but at least the mosquitos aren't all over you out there babe!
xoxo
C

Me said...

You can have the winters cuz I don't want 'em!!! I have no-snow envy :) I do like the fall though. Most all the trees around here are changed now. Just gotta wait for 'em to all fall off and rake...ick!

Ben said...

Wow, enjoy Michigan and the cool weather to say the least. That sounds like just what the doctor ordered little lady.

Cheers

Jamie said...

I hear ya Heather...we don't quite have the beautiful colors of leaves like Michigan and I miss it too. Altlhough it is snowing in the UP right now so I'm THANKFUL to be in the south!

aatank said...

Just to let you know we had our first snow fall today and was a high of 40 degrees. Enjoy the nice weather you have. I had a great fall and enough of winter already and it is only October.