Friday, October 13, 2006

Ridiculous

Only a short while after reading The Kept Woman's blog about lazy, overweight kids and how it's not like it was when we were kids, I see this.




Can you believe it? A blowup fricken snow fort. What the hell? Growing up in Michigan we had numerous snowball fights and built numerous snow forts to block the incoming, massive balls of ice that hurt like hell when you get hit in the face. But to buy a blowup fort??? What kind of fun is that? Half the fun is dodging and weaving to avoid the balls being thrown while you try to put up your awesome looking snow fort. But that's not all I saw.....you'll love this.




Need I say more. A mold that makes the perfect snowball. Who the hell is to lazy to pick up some damn snow in their hand and mold it into a ball. Granted this little gadget would be quite fun if you added a little water and made a nice size ice ball to throw at your worst enemy. But come on. Pick up the snow in your gosh damn hand and make it into a ball for crying out loud.

Kids just have it to damn easy these days. Makes me wanna puke. If my kids ever live somewhere where there is snow (fingers crossed), and they ask for these items I do believe I will slap them upside the head. Then for good measure I will force them to go outside in the cold and build a damn fort. And a bucket full of snowballs. Then I will proceed to take their snowballs and throw them at their heads. Good grief. Blowup snowfort and snowball mold. What's next?

And just because I can. Here is a pic of Baby Boy finally doing his thing. That's right. He decided he wanted to sit on his chubby butt for once. Granted, after sitting for about 35 mins. he did a hard right and smacked his head on the chair, but he's fine. It's all good!

7 comments:

Me said...

WTF??!!! What's wrong w/ people??? I don't know what's worse....the people making this shit or the people who will actually buy it. I'm with you, if my kids ever ask for that, I'm throwing a momma-made snowball in their face :)

Love that pic of Baby Boy. What a chubber!!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

What a cutie pie!!!

THe blow up fort thing is dumb. It will blow away in the wind and the cold air will probably cause it to deflate.

I will admit that I love that block maker thing but my parents never bought me one when I was a kid. Remind me to tell you of how underprivleged I was that I didn't even get Lincoln Logs or Legos until my 16th birthday...

Amie said...

ROFL...Amen!

Jamie said...

Man, what is the world coming to? Kids have no idea what play is these days...
And Baby boy is so adorable! Love that face!

eyes_only4him said...

man, i got frost bite many a times making forts, then getting totally pissed off when my mom wouldnt let us sleep in it..

damn..

oh and baby boy, way too damn cute, course u knew that;)

Linda said...

I can't believe that have that crap out there. I agree, my kids will never get stuff like that. Takes most of the fun and imagination away from the kids!!

Your baby boy is ADORABLE!! Look at him all big and cute sitting there!!

Ben said...

Blow up fort? WTF? That's too much. Cool pic of your little one, grins from ear to ear.

Cheers