Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Thanksgiving Vacation Recap

Wow, we are finally home. I can say I am glad to be back in my own home, in my own bed, but I can also say I loved being home close to all my family. We had a blast! We stayed for 2 weeks and it went non-stop. The first 5 days were at my family's house, then the following 5 days were at Chris' family's place up North, then we spent the remaining couple days back at my family's house again. I can't say we did allot of partying. Like Beth mentioned, the night before T-day we all went out and had soooo much fun. But after that, it was kind of lounging around, hanging out with family and catching up. We saw so many people that we haven't seen in a while, and also encountered our long awaited snow storm. Not just a small snow storm. This was a massive white out. And as our luck would have it, it was as we were driving back down from the U.P. Whoever has seen the Mackinaw Bridge would know that you can see it from miles away. We couldn't even see it while we were on it. No kidding. It was that bad. We couldn't see the huge towers until we were underneath them. It took us almost 14 hours to get home when usually it only takes about 10. Nuts. While we were up North, we also got our tattoos. I have been waiting a while to get Baby Boy's name tattooed on me along with Girly's and Crazy's. I would show you the pic, but then it would be pointless not to use their real names wouldn't it?? LOL Here are a few pics of our lovely vaca home!
Beth and I having a couple drinks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO glad you had a wonderful time and got to visit family. Nothing like a good ol' snowstorm to make you feel right at home! I miss it (although I'm not sure I could live with it for months on end, one or two storms wouldn't be bad). Stinks that your drive downstate took so long, but that's UP life in the winter I guess! Love all the pics!

Me said...

I love that pic of you and I....and the one of Crazy and Baby Girl. We had so much fun having you guys here. Hopefully we can do it more often...whether we go there or you come here. Maybe in the spring we can come out?? That sounds like a good id!!! Love ya!