Friday, March 27, 2009

Irked

Remember the FIL coming to live here?

He's leaving back for Michigan. Already, and with a weeks notice.

The boys are hurt and upset. He leaves just when they have gotten used to having some sort of family here to see and spend time with. They have grown up with no family living near them. So when he came they were super excited.

And you know what? It pisses me the f*ck off. Everyone knows he irritates the hell out of me, and most of the time we bicker and say stupid shit to each other, but what pisses me off is that he is hurting the kids. I could care less what he does, but they are only 3 and 4. They don't understand why or how, they just know he's leaving them. They ask all sorts of questions like "why is Papa leaving us?" and "doesn't Papa like it here anymore?" and I haven't a clue on how to answer them. What I'd like to say is "Your Papa is an asshole that only thinks of himself." but ha, that probably wouldn't be the greatest thing to tell them. I should have known he would somehow hurt them..he has that special way about him.....

3 comments:

Ben said...

He was supposed to stay longer I take it? In any event, I've heard countless horror stories about monster-in-laws, at least you'll get some peace in the house.

Take it easy over there and have a few pints on the Hounds.

TGIF!

Cheers

Choppzs said...

Yah Ben, he was suppose to live here! lol

I Am Boymom said...

I have family members that are completely oblivious to the fact that their actions affect other people. It's maddening, especially when the kids feelings are involved. Maybe in the end it will be for the best. Yeah...hard to tell the kids that Grampa is a tool, though.