Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I am NUTS!

You'll never guess what I did today?

I got all my Christmas shopping done for the boys.

Yes, done. Well with the big stuff anyways. I always wait till last minute to do stockings and their yearly ornaments. But the big stuff is done.

Now I am waiting on Girly. See she is harder. She likes to make her list and tell us what she wants. She has to hoo and haaa over every catalog, and decide what items she wants the most, what she likes the most, and what she wouldn't be caught dead adding to her list. Then of course I have to go over the list and tell her "Hon, that item is way to expensive for Santa to bring you. It wouldn't be fair for him to get you such a big gift and not every other child in the world." LOL In other words, we don't have that much money!! LOL

But I think this year will be different. I think this will be the year she finds out what every parent dreads their child finding out. Yep, you all know what I mean. I think this will be the year she realizes we are Santa. Last year we had long, long conversations about the subject, but managed to avoid actually having to tell her. But I think she knows. She's just not saying. I am trying to come up with an easy way of saying it, but in the process, letting her bring up the subject. I am just surprised, with all her little friends saying things about Santa not being real, that she actually still believed. She always just told me they were stupid and Santa really is real!! LOL

Come on, give me some suggestions here!!!!

8 comments:

Amie said...

I remember there was a couple of years where for 11 months of the year, I was *pretty sure* there was no Santa, but around Christmas I would get caught up and still believe :)

I'm working on Christmas gifts for the parents.

Me said...

You suck!!!! Christmas is the last thing on my brain. As for Santa, wasn't it around her age that we found Mom and Dad putting stuff under the tree??? I think it was. Let's just see if she gets sneaky this year and catches you in the act :)

Chris said...

Santa is real!!! He just needs help from mom and dad. He's just getting old!

Unknown said...

Noooooooooooooooo....let her continue to believe in the magic of Christmas but that you guys are helpers...or something.

Oh and I second Beth...you suck. I'm still buying a "welcome to the world" gift for my niece who is now two months old.

Jamie said...

WHAT?????????????? Do you mean to tell me that Santa ISN'T real???? Come on, you guys are crazy to not believe in Santa! Man, Christmas just won't be the same. I gotta go and cry over this one...

Ben said...

XMAS shopping already?! I'm impressed. That's quite the chore and you'll be cruising come the holidays.

Cheers

Ashley said...

I caught my parents carrying the presents to the tree...then it was over. She might already know and just be tricking you!

I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping! I'm jealous!

~Ash

Linda said...

Wow, Christmas shopping already...that's great!!

I also didn't believe in Santa WAY before I ever let on to my mom and dad. I was more worried that if I didn't believe, I wasn't going to get any presents then.