Wednesday, September 05, 2007

First Cleaning

Tonight was the first night I got to go to the new house to start my cleaning.

Let me inform you all that I have OCD when it comes to cleaning. I don't care if the prior owners cleaned, or whatnot, it is not good enough for me. I need to disinfect, scrub, wipe down and vacuum. Sometimes not just once, but twice! lol

Shit, I am pretty glad I am the way I am because when I attacked the shower in the master bedroom, holy crap you wouldn't believe the buildup of shit on there!

I spent a little over 2 hours there and just dented the bathroom. I soaked the tub with bleach water and washed the toilet down with bleach too, but I have yet to scrub the shit out of the tub with CLR. That stuff is great. That, and Kaboom. Stuff works wonders. Well that stuff mixed with massive amounts of scrubbing.

But it was great. No old owners watching my every move. I went through everything. Cupboards, closets, nuks and crannies. Checked everything out.

Windows will be my next big assignment. Well those and washing the walls and prepping them for paint. I already took all 100 or so nails out of the walls.

Tomorrow funds are suppose to be transferred and the house will officially close and the keys given to us!!!

Let the improvements BEGIN!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay!

ALRO said...

I hate it when the previous owners forget to flush the toilet and leave SHIT everywhere in the bathroom - dirty pigs!!!

Now - can you come to my place of work and make it smell like i'm not breathing out of a dirty sock... that'd please me greatly!

Amie said...

Busy!

I bet if feels good to have that house cleaned.

Me said...

Sounds like some of the houses I've been through. Isn't it just amazing how gross people can be??!! Glad you were able to take advantage of some of Hubs vaca time, at least. And glad that those buttholes are finally getting around to closing the beast.

Nature Girl said...

Whew! Just a few more hours and it's all yours! AWESOME! I'm so excited for you...
Stacie

Ben said...

No Wire Hangars! (just kidding) :)

Enjoy the new abode you guys.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Nails in the walls?! What the heck? They didn't take out the nails in the walls?

Bastards.

Good luck with the house, Sweetie.

I hear cleaning is therapeutic. Wanna come over?

Jamie said...

We're two peas in a pod...I swear I'm OCD too. Hope it gets nice and sparkling just the way ya want it!

kimmyk said...

Yeah CHOPPZS!!!! Congratulations!