Friday, September 07, 2007

It's Official

The house is OURS!

Escrow closed, recorded and got our good faith money back to us today!!

The keys were handed over, paint was bought, carpet was ordered and we are raring to go!

The house is pretty much cleaned, I didn't get a chance to get at the kitchen, except to sweep out all the cupboards with my Dyson, but I can get that tomorrow. Hubs has already painted both living rooms, and is working on the hallways as we speak. He had a friend helping him and they did a great job. Allot of touch ups will be needed, but that's because they used a paint sprayer and they couldn't get the small stuff. So tonight, after the kiddos go to bed, the babysitter is coming, and I am going over to get started on our room and bathroom. I got some more new hardware for the baths and am excited to get everything decorated the way we want. I am REALLY excited to get the new carpet in, but that will be about two weeks. At least we don't need to protect the carpet from over spray! lol

So that's it. That journey is over, and now a new one is beginning. The land hasn't even begun to be touched. That alone is going to take YEARS!!! We've never owned more then a lot, so 3 acres is going to be wonderful. And allot of work!

So I am signing off for now. Getting the kids fed, ready for bed, and then I need to get myself psyched to do some painting!!! lol

Don't hold it against me if I am non-existent in the next few days mmmkay???

Or maybe you could hold it against me????? Hmmmm.........

17 comments:

Jamie said...

YEAH!!!!! CONGRATS!!! It all finally came together! I'm so excited for you guys! I want to see pictures!!!!! We'll forgive you (just this one time) considering we know you are OCD and need that house just the way you want it;)

Me said...

Man, finally! So glad it's all done and you can get shit started! I got your message from yesterday. We were at Ikea getting Sissy's big girl bed, mattress and the new desk. We're working on the basement today, although I'm not being much help since what Hubs is doing is a one-man job. Such is life. I think I may tackle starting putting ONE of the million things together we bought. Oh joy :)

We'll catch up soon! Love ya!

Fantastagirl said...

Yeah for you! that is so awesome - enjoy!

{illyria} said...

yay! i haven't been here a while, and it's great to read good news. post some pictures soon!

Lisa said...

Congratulations on being a homeowner! It's such a wonderful (and scary!) feeling, isn't it?! Have fun making it your home!

kimmyk said...

yeah choppzs! congrats!!

there's going to be pictures, right?

Anonymous said...

I'm so delighted for you.

I really need to paint my bedroom. Still plan white when I am not a lil bit of color girl.

Cheers to you and the new house!
3 acres! WOW!

for a different kind of girl said...

How exciting! And wow! You're one of those people I wish I was - a totally jump in right away and get moving kinda girl. We've been in our house six years and there are still things we've just put off!

I'm with the others. Pictures soon, please!

ALRO said...

Yay!! Congrats.... *cough cough* *clears throat* i.. I mean... It's about fricken time! ;)

;)

Seriously tho' .. i'm glad ya got things all figured out.. woohoo!!

eyes_only4him said...

Thats fucking awesome...

I wanna see pics now..

Nature Girl said...

I am so happy for you! Awsome Blossom! I can't wait to see pix! What color did you do the living rooms? What color carpet? Wow..3 acres...that's awsome!
Stacie

Ben said...

Beauty! Let me know where u want the kegs for the housewarming.

Cheers and Congrats!

Jewl said...

OMG!!! That is sooooo awesome!!! Congrats!
Must
See
Pictures!!

I can't wait!! Have fun setting up your new house!

Linda said...

Congrats!!! How exciting for you!!! I can't wait to see pics of YOUR new house!!!

Liza said...

congrats on your house!!! sorry i haven't been by lately, but i'll catch up soon, i promise!!

Marisa said...

Congrats! I hope it's everything you want it to be.

And yeah, we are going to need to see some pics. :-)

Christie E. Little said...

Just thinking of you and the new place!
xoxo
C