Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A little Christmas cheer

As my friend and I were driving back from Bakersfield last night, we stopped by a Starbucks to get some caffeine. Before we had a chance to pay for our drinks, the lady asked us if she could ask us a question. She asked if we could name all of Santa's reindeer. Of course, I was put on the spot simply because I have the kiddos and my friend knew I would know. So because I am a dweeb, I immediately started singing the Burl Ives version of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer in my head. I recited all the reindeer, including Rudolph and won us a free drink!!! lol That's the first (and probably last) time I have ever received anything free from Starbucks. But it was nice to see some Christmas cheer so late at night and especially from a Starbucks employee.

And you know what put a big ol damper on that Christmas cheer? It was the fact that we drove 2 hours to a place that happens to have a Sonic and the damn place was closed when we got there. Can you believe that?? I was drooling for a cherry limeade by the time we got done with our engagement,and when we got there the place was closed up tighter then a virgin. Ahh well, we'll make another trip soon and this time I wont leave without my cherry limeade!!!

3 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

Free rocks! I get a 50 percent discount at the Starbucks deal at the store, but I'd take free any day. What I'm not so sure about is if I could pop off all the reindeer names when put on the spot like that! You're ready for Jeopardy!

Cherry limeade...sigh...

Nature Girl said...

ok, I thought it was funnier than heck when you said "closed up tighter than a virgin" but then you followed up with "next time I won't leave without my cherry.." and I couldn't even finish reading the sentence because I was laughing so hard!

Yay for free coffee...but you forgot Olive....you know..
Olive the other reindeer.... :)
Stacie

Melissa said...

I wish we had a Sonic here. If that makes you feel any better! LOL I remember living in CA and seeing the white caps on those beautiful mountains. Wishing to play in the snow. Now I can't get away from it! LOL