Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Why is it so difficult?

Can anyone tell me why every year I have this big pain in my ass called the Christmas card family portrait?

Why is it so hard to get a family pic taken in front of the damn tree?

Why is it that every time I try to get it done the kids are screaming or running around like mad people?

Why is it after several attempts the pics are to dark or blurry?

Ugggh, I love to send out cards with at least a semi current pic in it, but this year if I don't hurry and get a decent pic it will just be a plain old card.

But I did get a couple of the kids in front of the tree. Of course I had to bribe the boys with candy cane Hershey kisses in order to sit still for two seconds and give me a decent smile! lol

8 comments:

ALRO said...

Bribes, hun, bribes!!!!
The promise of something sweet after the pictures are done. Cake, pie, candy --- whacks and whacks of goodies...

or do like i do -- don't bother !! LOL

for a different kind of girl said...

gorgeousness!

At least your tree is up. I've been bribing my husband to get our tree up!! At this rate, I'll never get a photo of the boys in front of it!

I love how two are in tshirts and one is in a long sleeve turtle neck. Here, the tshirts are packed away and it's turtlenecks all the time! I'm jealous!

Amie said...

Cute!

I always feel like a weight has been lifted once we get the picture out of the way!

I had to bribe Jonah with chocolate too :D Worked like a charm.

Jamie said...

CUTE!!!!

Me said...

Love the 2nd one of the kids! That turned out great!!

Nature Girl said...

LOL...cute pics! I love them. I have a hard time getting my family together for pics too...
Stacie

Liza said...

they're adorable!

Melissa said...

They are so cute. I love those pictures. Your tree is awesome too!