Friday, January 11, 2008

Differences of Opinion

Ok, I am all for people having their own opinions and views and all that happy horse crap. But what I hate, is when they try to shove their views and stuff down your throat. They are right, you are wrong. They know the statistics, you don't. They know what is right for everyone, and you are just neglecting to see the truth. I could give TWO shits what you view as right. Your throwing out statistics, and telling me I am wrong is not going to change my mind on things. You telling me that all along I have been lied too, and have been strung along is not going to make me go out and start a revolution and change my morals.

Yes, I am talking about all the political bullshit that is going on right now. I am all for change, and I am all for making America a better place to live for me and my children. But what I am not for is my "friend" shoving her political view bull crap in my face, and trying to make me feel like my opinions and views are all wrong. So I said something. I pretty much ripped her a new one. I guess we'll see how this one pans out.

14 comments:

Amie said...

Arm yourself with your own facts and statistics and shovel back ;)

I love debating.

ALRO said...

You realize that 50% of the time people are bullshitting you -because 30% of the time the person bullshitting you 50% of the time is bullshitting themselves... and 30% of the the person who's bullshitting you 50% of the time because they bullshit themselves 30% of the time is being bullshitted by someone else who bullshits themselves 40% of the time which means: *deep breath*

That 50% of the time you are being bullshitted by people are bullshitting 100% of the time!!!

I have a headache.

Choppzs said...

LMAO, holy crap that gave me a headache, i had to re-read it 3 times to get it straight! lol

kimmyk said...

what'd he say?

Nocturnal said...

I'm not a beLIEver of statistics because the end results can be manipulated a million and one ways.

As for the race, as long as the next President isn't inbred, from texASS and has a brain; that's good enough for me.

Cheers

Melissa said...

So...what happened? How'd it pan out? LOL

Choppzs said...

LOL, she asked if we were still friends, I told her yes, but I didn't want to listen to the crap anymore! She said ok, I said ok, and all is well! lol

Me said...

Oh my....it's too early in the morning to read that...LOL. I think I can take a stab at who you're talking about but I agree, don't shove your shit down my throat. Just be my friend.

Nature Girl said...

Well, I see from comments that it all worked out, but I was going to say, if she's a friend, she will think about this and realize she overstepped, and while she may not outright apologize, she may try to act business as usual, and you can tell her then that to save your friendship you best stay away from politics as a conversation piece.
People get crazy this time of year (election years) and I absolutely refuse to discuss politics with anyone...not even my husband...LOL

um that guy with the percentages, made my eyes cross and my head hurt. LOL, that was funny!
Stacie

Melissa said...

Glad to hear all panned out well. LOL I wish I had the nerve to set down the law like that. Ha!

Liza said...

hahahaa i love alro's comment.

I'm with ya. I'm not super interested in politics (and for those of you that say i should be, shove it) so any time anyone tries to come at me with this is how i should believe it just pisses me off. like my brother in law. i told him i've never voted in a presidential election and as an american i have the right to not vote if i don't like any of candidates and he was like YOU HAVE TO VOTE. argh. it only went downhill from there.

for a different kind of girl said...

I got hung up on the second comment, so finding out things turned out fine relaxed my puzzled brain!

Chris said...

go Ron Paul 2008!!

ALRO said...

Glad everyone liked my comment ... it was 'statistically' driven, of course... ;)

But as i look back and read it again, i realized that i was probably full of shit!

I got another headache reading it LOL ...