Thursday, January 17, 2008

Still Sick....and Cold

Still sick.

Nose still clogged, but runny.

Throats better,so I know gargling with peroxide helps.

But you know what sucks bigger balls?

Or the biggest balls?

Our furnace went out.

Lovely isn't it?

And don't give me no shit about living in sunny, warm California.

Or about how at least it isn't 20 degrees like it is in the East.

It's F*cken cold here.

I woke up to the thermostat saying 49.

And with three babies, it sucks.

The desert gets cold. Highs in the mid 50's lately, which is OK. But at night it's been high 20's.

Yes, it's cold.

So now I am waiting on the stupid insurance place to send a person. And I am pissed. And cold. And sick of wiping snot from my nose.

Don't give me no shit, I'm telling you what, I am liable to reach through this computer and choke your ass!

And that includes you Hubs, I know your not here and it's colder and snowing where you are, but at least your hotel has heat!!! And remember....you have to come back to me at some time!!!! lol (oh and I blame you for this....I bet you had it all planned, you leave and shit falls apart!!! You did didn't you?? lol)

6 comments:

Liza said...

eww no furnace sucks!! i hope you feel better soon and get some heat!!

Lisa said...

Sick & with no heat, oh man, that really stinks. Hope that furnace gets fixed fast before you & the kids turn into popsicles!

Unknown said...

I'm not giving you any shit at all...(snicker)

Kidding...hope you get heat soon as well as a functioning nose sans snot.

Carrie said...

ugh. ugh ugh ugh. winter sucks, period. I hate winter. and being sick just makes it suck more.


that being said, I hope you feel better soon.

Nature Girl said...

UGH! That SUCKS! Doesn't it figure too that it always happens when the hubs goes away? For me it was the roof leaking and shingles blowing off willy nilly..for my friend Leesa in MT, the water pipes froze and a hose burst on her outside in 17 degrees she was a freakin' popsickle! and for you the furnace goes and everyone is sick..

I tell ya..I've been sick since the holidays, same thing you have..it tastes like ASS, but it works...Theraflu! I literally choke the crap down every night and it minimizes the sore throat and coughing and I can actually breathe through my nose. Then dayquil tabs during the day (I can't choke that crap down more than once a day)

I soooo hope you feel better soon!
Take care.
Stacie

for a different kind of girl said...

Ok, so this probably doesn't really compare, but yesterday, my husband was four hours away from home and the kids and I woke up to a hellish amount of snow barricading us in the house. The driveway was a mountain. And the snowblower? Yeah, that didn't work. Yeah! It seems like there's always something.

I'm currently wrapped up in a blanket, hoping you get the furnace worked out soon! And that you finally feel completely better!