Friday, February 15, 2008

Potty Training 101

I swear I just started and finished with Crazy! But now it's Baby Boy's turn. He just turned 2, but is Very interested in some good potty action.

He is currently walking around with just a shirt and socks. He refused to put on his pants. I have only had to clean up 1 pee pee mess so far this morning. I am dreadfully waiting for the poo action to start.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that he will be my easy boy. Crazy was sooooo hard to train and the messes were endless. He still has accidents at night, and I am clueless as to how to fix that problem. I am investing in plastic pants to put over his underwear and hopefully get rid of those stupid pull-ups. I hate those things. He will get up once or twice a night to use the potty, but any other time he just goes in his pants. His naptimes are completely dry (without pull-ups)and hasn't had an accident since he started. But nights, they are a different story.

So I am hoping to have 2 completely potty trained kids soon.

Ughhh, I hate this part!!!

11 comments:

Amie said...

Wow, it does seem like you we're just potty training Crazy boy! Good luck, we'll be doing the same with Jonah soon.

Me said...

You can do it!!!!!!! Get out that whip and crack it!!

Linda said...

Go, baby boy, go!!

Morgan has all the interest in the world, but will stiffen up and refuse to sit on the potty. She loves to "wipe" and put TP in the toliet and flush it and she tells me when she pooped and wants me to change her. Someday she'll get over the sitting on the potty fear.

Alyssa also just recently was night time accident free. It seemed like it was never going to happen. I ended up putting her underwear on first and then the pull up, so she'd feel how uncomfortable it was. I don't know if that's what did the trick, but it wasn't long after that I noticed she stayed dry all night. Funny thing was though, she didn't wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom until we rid the pull up all together. So, she wasn't having accidents with the pull ups, but all the sudden, no pull up and we have a midnight pee...LOL...

Anyways...sorry for the book! Just sharin' the fun times! :)

for a different kind of girl said...

We did the plastic pants thing with our oldest, but skipped that whole routine with the youngest. Actually, and it sounds kinda out there, but the youngest spent so much time tagging after Dad and Big Brother as he was in training mode that he kind of picked up on the routine in no time. Saved me some accident aftermath!

Good luck with this!!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, that's awesome that Baby Boy's in potty training mode! Good luck with that! My fingers are crossed for you that you'll have two potty trained boys soon!

Gabrielle will be 3 next month & just became daytime trained last month. She stays dry during her nap, but isn't always dry in the morning. She won't get out of bed to use the potty until I come in to get her, so she wears a Huggies Overnight to bed. Any tips on how to convince her to get out of bed & go to the bathroom on her own?!

Nocturnal said...

Just put a fake tree in your house and train your boy right, laugh tomorrow. Yes us guys will piss on anything.

Cheers

ALRO said...

potty-training is ALWAYS fun.. come on now... chasing do-dos all over the place... oh ya.. there's nothing I'D RATHER be doing...

NOT!!

Good luck... ;)

Nature Girl said...

*crosses fingers* I hope it goes quick for you. I remember those days...no fun!
Stacie

Me said...

Love the Chubbies :D

ALRO said...

I like the new profile.. nice piggie.

Carrie said...

dude. I LOVE the pigs.

as for potty training.. that's awesome!


I fear the day I have to start with moosey. he's still so fat his pee pee looks like a doughnut! I can't imagine how to work with that!

anyways.. good luck, momma.

xxoo!