Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I think I just threw up in my mouth...

Today is Girly's 1st day of 6th grade. At a new school. I was revisited by the same sleepless night I had when she started Kindergarten. I felt nauseous. I still do. I didn't want to leave her there. Every time she said she felt like she was going to throw up, I felt like I was going to throw up. Watching her eyes dart around at all the new kids, with this "what the hell is going to happen?" look made me want to hug her tighter and tell her "ok, lets just go back to your old school." I feel like the worst parent for sending her off to a new school. Making her make new friends. Making her go through that dreaded 1st day of school at a brand new school, with all new people, all new teachers. But she's a good girl. I think...or I KNOW she will make friends very easily. It's just going to take some time. I am anticipating 3:00 when I have to go and pick her up. I want her day to go smoothly and I want her to say, "You know what Momma, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was pretty fun!" or "Momma, I made some new friends today, and they are really nice!" Something...anything that will reassure me that I haven't scarred my kid for life by taking her away from her old school.

If I am like this with school days...I am going to be a total mess when she starts dating and gets married! God help me! lol

Here's my Girly Girl on her 1st day back at school!



Also during this past long weekend, Girly taught Crazy his ABC's. We are getting him ready for preschool, so Girly played teacher. She was amazing at teaching him. Within 3 days he had his ABCs down packed. Now she just has to teach him everything else, and then I wont have to pay for school! lol He is doing amazing and loves to sing them to us every chance he gets!

Oh and for those of you who are STILL wondering...we got our new cooler installed last week. We are now basking in the wonderful feel of cool air throughout the house. And we are also basking in the fact that the boys are now sleeping comfortably in their beds at night instead of on the living room floor!

7 comments:

I Am Boymom said...

i soo get the feeling of wondering if you are totally wrecking your kids! I still wonder, 4 weeks into school if holding my son back was the right thing and if he'll be scarred for life over it. You daughter is a sweetie and I hope she does well at her new school. Tell her your blog friends are thinking about her and hope she's happy at her new school! And freakin' finally on the AC! Damn! I do not know how you survived! You are more woman than I am, I would have lost my mind in that heat!

Jamie said...

Oh I hope it goes well, I look forward to an update. It's always nervewracking going to a new school...not fun at all. But I bet Girly will do just fine and meet many new friends!

Lisa said...

I hope Girly's 1st day went well! She looks so cute in her "1st day of school" outfit! I must admit that I got a little weepy reading what you wrote - "...made me want to hug her tighter and tell her "ok, lets just go back to your old school." I just know I'm going to have a lot of those moments over the years as we move from place to place. It's going to break my heart every time we have to move & my kids are going to have to start all over again. I am really not looking forward to this at all!

YIKES, you have a SIXTH grader!
And Crazy knows his ABCs!
Last but not least, HOLY COW, you FINALLY have air!

Chris said...

It's all good! She has her dads social skills!

Ben said...

You're going to be hopping, that's for sure. Good luck with the new school year.

Cheers

Melissa said...

Aww, she's so pretty. I am sure she will make friends in no time and will be thanking you later for the move. Three of my five are now in school and it's kinda sad!

Liza said...

look at how grown up she is! I love her flippy hair style!