Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Worried For Nothing

As usual, when the Mommy worry takes over, it's always worse then it seems. Girly came home yesterday with a smile on her face, and nothing bad to say except "Look at all this homework I have!" She made friends with a couple girls, said she liked all her teachers, the playground equipment was cool, and she saw 3 girls with dyed hair and facial piercings! lol She mentioned that only because when we were looking through the handbook, it said no dyed hair or facial piercings allowed! lol My day long anxiety was put to rest. Today was soooo much better. She jumped out of the truck without any worries, reminded me it was an early out day, and ran up to the school! She is even going to check in with the bus drivers to see which route she is suppose to take so she can start riding the bus.

What a big girl she is getting to be. We even had to have the dreaded Aunt Flo talk because I believe she will be visited here pretty soon (the signs are all there, especially the moodiness! lol). We went over the do's and dont's of disposal (never, ever flush it or you will be royally embarrassed when the toilet in the girls room overflows and you need to call for help), lol, and all that good stuff! She is even carrying backup, in her backpack, should the need arise. I had to answer all those just delightful questions about when, where and how Aunt Flo operates. I had to refrain from bluntly telling her Aunt Flo is a big ol bitch, and you have to live with her shit for the majority of your life. But I held back on that portion. The girl hasn't even started for crying out loud, why scare the crap out of her to soon, ya know? I am just waiting for the sobbing call that I need to get her and bring her home so she can change. Ahhh, gotta love being a girl.

As Hubs likes to say "Somethings gotta be seriously wrong when a person can bleed for a week straight, and they don't die!" I just like to say, it goes to show how strong we are...and patient, and resilient, and it's probably God's way of punishing men because they don't get any during that week! lol

17 comments:

Jamie said...

So glad her day went well!!! I can't imagine having to have that talk yet...but I know it will be here before I know it...

kimmyk said...

good to hear she likes her school etc. that's always a good feeling.

how old is she? girls are starting so early anymore it's scary. i feel sorry for them because they start earlier and it sticks around a lot longer..bless her heart.

maybe it's just the heat? lol.

Nature Girl said...

oh man..I can empathize with that! I was 9!!! what a freakin' nightmare. Thank God for hysterectomies! (mine anyway) LOL

Glad school is going well for her so far. that's awsome!
Stacie

Lisa said...

So glad you worried for nothing! Sounds like Girly is fitting right in!

Ah, the awkward Aunt Flo talk - definitely NOT looking forward to that!

Ashley said...

So glad to hear that she's enjoying school. I was always fearful of the first day, but after that it was a walk in the park.

Ah, good ol' Aunt Flo....I remember hoping I would get it so I could be all "adult like" and now I can't wait for menopause!!!

And your husband says the same thing my dad and ever other male I know says, they're pretty correct. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Damn I hate Flo. Ugh.

Glad to hear schools all good :)

Cheers to Bella!

eyes_only4him said...

My kids have had good days too..i keep telling them its only the 1st week..the honeymoon will end..

by the end of our week, we wish we would die though..

Melissa said...

Ugh, Auntie Flo! again I say UGH!!
Glad to hear she had a good day though.

Rusti said...

I'm glad her first day went well! and yeah - Aunt Flo is a major bitch... my least favorite Aunt for sure... that's just one thing I'm enjoying about pregnancy - NO AUNT FLO!! :) I was actually thinking the other day "oh man, if this baby is a girl I'll have to have the "period" talk with her... how fun is THAT going to be?" but eh, we all go through it... I'll just pick y'alls brains when that time comes... if it's a girl :)

I Am Boymom said...

Sooo glad it went well for Girly and sorry you had to be all stressed out for the day. Kids have no clue how much we worry for and about them, do they? Oh yeah..."the talk." Whe I was in 4th and 5th grade they took all the girls out of class and showed us these films about the "Monthly Visitor". I'm not big on visitors anyway cause my house is never clean, but Aunt Flo is never a welcome guest! Ever! Good job prepping Girly, I was not so prepared. And now I have boys, so Dad gets to have any talks they need about boy stuff.

Grammy said...

I'm glad that stage of life is over...there is nothing like menopause,no aunt flo,no monthly anything...I never felt better,there's the hot flashes but hey,I'm hot anyway:)I feel for you ladies that have another 30 years:(

Grammy said...

I'm glad that stage of life is over...there is nothing like menopause,no aunt flo,no monthly anything...I never felt better,there's the hot flashes but hey,I'm hot anyway:)I feel for you ladies that have another 30 years:(

Carrie said...

Yeah I'm back and I'm caught up. Sorry about your swamp cooler. Glad that it's finally fixed. How about your windows? Girly is so grown up now. I remember Kindergarten like it was yesterday. Sigh! Hugs!

Me said...

Ah good 'ol Aunty Flo. I'm sure she'd rather her Aunty Wethyb come a'visiting :D

So I posted just for you Sissy dearest...lol.

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liza said...

my niece just started 6th grade too, I can't believe she is that old! My sis had to have the ol' aunt flo talk with her too LOL!

Ben said...

"dreaded Aunt Flo", that reminds me of Aunt Esther in Sanford and Son for some reason, classic.

Cheers