Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My Little Boy is Becoming a Man...

Well not quite a man yet, but today Crazy had his 1st day of preschool. He absolutely LOVED it. He woke up with Sissy by 6 am this morning, and by the time I got out of the shower at 10 after he was dressed, had his shoes on, had his backpack on and had his lunch box ready to go. Sissy (Girly) had made his lunch up for him. What a great big sister. All morning long all I heard was "Are we going to school yet?", "Do I get to ride the bus with Sissy?", "When do I get to ride the bus?", "Maaaammmmaaaaa, we're gonna miss all the kids!", "Momma, why can't we go now?" and so on. Crazy doesn't start school till 12:30 and goes till 3:30, so you can imagine that the time probably seemed like an eternity from 6 to 11:30 when we left the house. lol. Poor kid. lol. But we met Daddy up at the school, so we could both see him off on his first day. It took but 2 seconds for us to become invisible to him. We had to make him get off the bouncy house just to give us kisses goodbye. Miss Loretta, his teacher, seems like a wonderful lady, and I just know he will have so much fun this year in school. I think the worst part of the experience was my poor Baby Boy. He took it real hard. He cried and cried when we left the school. He finally stopped when we got lunch, only to start back up when we drove home. He kept saying "Bubba oool" which translates to Bubba school. He calls Crazy, Bubba. I felt terrible for him. First Sissy ups and leaves him in the mornings, which he hates, now Bubba is leaving him in the afternoons. Poor guy. But my 2nd baby is now officially growing up. I am already nervous about Kindergarten and how he is going to transition from 3 hrs. a day to all day long school. I guess I shouldn't cross that bridge till I come to it ahhh?

But here are some pics of Crazy on his first day of school.




And here is poor Baby Boy missing his brother...

12 comments:

Me said...

Sniff, sniff--when did our little girl and little boy get old enough for pre-school??? Glad he loved it though. That sure helps when you have to drop them off.

Yay for you Crazy!!!! You are a Big Boy now! Your aunty loves you!

Lisa said...

Wow, first day of preschool! That's wonderful that Crazy's so excited about school! It's great that you didn't have to deal with a scared, sobbing kid attached to your leg!!! What a big boy!

Poor Baby Boy - he looks miserable without his big sister & brother!

Ashley said...

How exciting for the little guy to start school! I know I was as anxious when I was little.

Poor baby boy, he looks just a sad as could be. One day he will wish they would leave him alone. Ha ha.

Melissa said...

Cute! Your boys look so much alike, it's adorable.

eyes_only4him said...

Oh man, I hear the same bloody thing about Boo and her school..every 5 minutes she is asking when we are leaving..

your boys look so much alike..so very handsome they are.

Liza said...

aww, preschool!? I still remember when he was born! Yay, Crazy! He's so cute!

Sorry I haven't been around lately! I'll be better at reading and commenting, I promise!!

I Am Boymom said...

Poor Baby Boy...he looks miserable! My little guy went through withdrawls too when his bor started school. Crazy looks like he's havin' a blast. Good that he's confident, yes? You must be doin' something right, Mom! And yay for sister for makin' the lunch! Can she move in with me?

Carrie said...

Yeah Crazy. I know that your going to love preschool! Your so grown now! And poor baby boy. William is just like that too. He is so sad now that both of them have left him at home with momma all day. He is so excited when Matthew finally gets home. Alex doesn't get home until almost 5. Does he go everyday to preschool?

Ben said...

You too huh? You're kiddos are growing like weeds man. That's very cool he enjoyed himself and you're youngest is definitely getting the short end of the stick, poor guy.

TGIF you guys and Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Aww.. So touching. Next thing you know you'll be buying their graduation gown and cap :(

Rusti said...

awww!! that's all I can say really... poor Baby Boy - and I hope Crazy enjoys preschool as much as you expect him to :)

Jamie said...

ooohhhhh he looks all growed up;)