Tuesday, March 09, 2010

“You haven't lost your smile at all, it's right under your nose."

Yesterday (March 8th) was quite the interesting day. Around 1 in the afternoon I received a call from the school. It was the secretary calling to inform me that Crazy had found a pink bead on the ground at recess and stuck it up his nose. Now, his nose is bleeding and they cannot get the bead out. He is very scared and there is no nurse on call, so I have to come to the school and help him get it out or take him to the doctor. So I wake up Baby Boy from his nap, get ready super quick and head out the door. When I get there, Girly is in the office with him, he is crying and his face is crusted over with boogers and blood. He had 5 or so teachers and secretaries around him telling him all would be alright, and he was a very brave little boy and so on. They again told me the story, said they did all they could think of to get it out, and it was just not going to budge. I asked him what the heck he was doing sticking beads in his nose and his response was the infamous "I don't know!". I packed him up, thanked everyone repeatedly and got the boys loaded back up in the truck. I called the pediatrician and was informed to take him directly to the ER because they may need to do x-rays. I called Hubs, and he said he would meet me over there from work.

Crazy was very brave and calm for the 1st hour as they (2 docs) poked at his nose, looked up there, sprayed some sort of solution up there, and had him lay in several different positions to see if they could see it. Then they pulled out the tube instrument that they had to use to sort of inflate his nostril just so they could see the bead. That's right, he shoved the bead so far up his nose it could not be seen. After inflating his nostril they used a suction catheter to sort of suck out the bead. It looked like the spit sucker they use at the dentist office when cleaning your teeth. The whole ER could hear him screaming. I felt horrible. So 2 hours, 2 docs, and 2 nurses later they finally retrieved the bead. A nice, bright, humongous, pink bead.

The nurse put the bead in a test tube for him to keep. He was also given a wise piece of information.."Never stick anything smaller then your elbow up your nose or in your ear!" LOL




No comments: