Sunday, February 18, 2007

Wonderful Night Out!

Saturday was a great day! Hubs surprised me with a night out without the kids. He arranged the sitter, he arranged the dinner, and he also arranged the little teddy bear, chocolates and card that were hidden behind the car seat for me to find! Come now, can you say "AWWWWWW"?? lol It was so sweet. He wanted to give me a belated Valentines Day since he worked all week and we didn't have time or energy to do it on the 14th. We went to eat at a wonderful restaurant called Claimjumpers. If you have ever been there you would know that the food is kick ass and the drinks are even better. I got quite tipsy just off of two drinks (give me a break, I am still nursing, so I haven't had a drink in a long while!! lol). I had a Hawaiian Martini, and a Banana Foster Martini. Yummy!! It was a great evening out without the kids that was long overdue. We don't know many people here yet, and I am way to untrusting to leave the kids with just anyone. It's been almost a year since we have gone out without the kids! That's bad!! lol We definitely need to do it more often!! I got to get dressed up, and be swooned by my sweetie!! lol Sometimes when you don't get out allot, and are with the kids day in and day out, it's so great to feel appreciated, and hear how much you are loved! I Love you Babe, Thank you for the great evening. I know I don't say it enough either, but you are so wonderful, and work so hard. Sometimes I forget just how good I have it!!

Oh and no sex talk yet!! I am procrastinating! lol I am wondering if I should get a book, or if I should just wing it! Tomorrow I tell ya, it's gonna happen. I have to get some balls and talk to my 9 yr. old about the birds and the bees. Come on, how scary can it be?? lol Yikes!

6 comments:

Ben said...

Way to go, good to see you guys living it up a little over there. Sounds like u guys had a great Sunday.

Cheers

Spikey1 said...

A night out??? Wow, What is that?

Ashley said...

My parents ate at claimjumpers one time when they were in Cali. They said they were amazing!

ALRO said...

Sounds like you had a good time...

Birds and the Bees talk!! Yikes...

for me with Raymond... I ask him how babies are made (makes it entertaining, cuz you never know what can come out of a kid's mouth) ... The talk can be a talk without being a talk!! Does that even make sense... essentially by asking him the question, he aware now that there is a process (eating something) .. but over time, when opportunities present themselves (like kissing couples on tv)

i mention... That's step one to getting a baby...

Raymond: "YOu get babies by kissing?"

ME: "No.. but it's a start!"

Raymond: "Oh.."

And we leave it at that...
We were watching Bon Cop Bad Cop on the weekend.. there's a scene where the french cop is getting frisky with a chick...

And Raymond says.. "Oh boy their kissing a lot...are they naked??"

I said: "Well if their not careful they're making a baby..."

Raymond: OOoooooooh! Ewww!!

So.. essentially - the talk - without really having a talk - and no doubt it'll take another year for him to fully understand.. but it takes the doom and gloom out of the whole deal!

Jamie said...

Thats awesome you guys got a night out to yourselves. We all need those every once in awhile...even if it is once a year! Glad you had such a wonderful time.

Me said...

Neener, neener...I knew about it :)I'm so glad he pulled thru and you guys got to go out! I know how it feels to be stuck around the house all the time! Glad it was fun!

Keep us posted on the "talk" :)

Love ya!