Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ass Backwards

Our new windows and doors are in and DONE! Hallelujah!

My 4th child is sick again today. Looks as if the flu is going around (once again), and now that he is sick, that means the kids and I will be next. I swear it is worse taking care of him then it is the "real" kids.

I am getting more pissed off by the minute the more I read about that stupid law saying that homeschooling is illegal now in California. The country is going to hell in a hand basket. It's turning into one big communist mess. I send my kids to public school, so no, I don't home school. But who the hell is the government to say how we educate our children. If someone feels they can do a better job with their own children, or have different views or ways of educating, then so be it. Let them decide how they want their children to be educated. It's f*cked up I tell ya!

Wonder Pets is one messed up show! lol

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

i always wanted to home school my kids. my neighbors did it-and sadly they never should have been allowed. they were hiljacks and could hardly speak proper english themselves. those girls learned how to wash the dishes and do the laundry and keep a house...just like their momma. i guess they'll make a man proud/happy one day...but sadly, when they realize what they know-which is not math or science, they'll wonder what happened to their life.

i think people should have the right to homeschool as long as they follow guidelines. it's a war zone out there-no reason why the govt. should dictate how we choose to protect our children.

for a different kind of girl said...

First, I adore how you can go from a legit rant about a state stepping in and saying parents can't homeschool to a short editorial about Wonderpets!

I watched a series of news shorts about homeschooling last week on the morning news and I've a lot of respect for families who can organize and devote to it. I've friends who want to do it, but you've gotta be hella organized and these friends just aren't. The mom would be too busy having the kids watch Wonderpets!

Amie said...

Seems like everybody is getting the flu lately. Ugh.

At least your governor sides with the parents here. He had a great statement against that ruling. Hopefully the Calif Supreme Court will overrule it.