Saturday, March 01, 2008

Feeling a bit sentimental....

The drama has passed, but as I am sure as the sun will rise, the drama will ensue once again today. Drama follows me (Drama is also defined as Girly, Crazy and Baby Boy and they are always right at my heels).

The oven has been put in. It is a beautiful sight. Except for the 6 inch gap/space that is above the oven where the old oven used to fill. Ahh well, it works, that's all I care about. For now. Until Hubs can get something to cover that space! lol Don't take to long on that now Hubs! ;) We will be getting a check from the warranty place for having to install it ourselves. Yes, the appliance guy came out, took the old oven out, put the new one in, and left. He didn't hook it up, he didn't plug it in, he didn't do a damn thing. So we complained. What the hell? We could have done that ourselves. So we told that to the warranty place, and now we will get paid for installation!! Good deal.

I started this morning feeling good (although I still need more coffee and a good hot shower) but then after reading a couple blogs I got to feeling sentimental. Goodbyes were said, and even though I have never had the pleasure of meeting in person, blogger friends have become an important part of my daily life. I have become involved in their lives, met their children (whether they be human or of the canine nature), gone through births, deaths and loves lost and found. I have read about daily rituals, and how they perceive things. Their thoughts, feelings, and inner workings (Literally, I know that veggies don't agree with allot of people lol). Makes me sad to see one of those people go.

And in watching those goodbyes transpire, I saw people's reactions and feelings come through. And it brought back memories as a young girl, and how everything used to make my stomach turn, and I'd get butterflies. How sitting in anticipation of someones arrival could make me so sick I would have to throw up. How just a look could make me melt. If I could take away one good thing from growing up and going through all the B.S of love, it was that. Those feelings may have resulted in heartache and tears, but those feelings are priceless.

5 comments:

Liza said...

I am so confused. But I understand the getting to know people through their blogs and feeling what they go through bit.

Drama does suck. I try to avoid it as much as possible.

i want to cuddle the pig.

kimmyk said...

In my opinion, goodbye's with friends aren't forever.

At least you can still visit through the canine version, right?

Carrie said...

now I'm curious who's not blogging anymore?? not that I even read many blogs, but still!

also glad to know that I'm not the only one that wants to get squooshy with the pigs.

now with THAT being said... I should go. clearly I shouldn't be around people much. :)

Nocturnal said...

I think what you described is the best part about blogging, you get to know people as they portray themselves. Those who are honest are the ones that are worthwhile and this post is indicative of how honest and genuine you can be.

Me said...

Awwwww....lol.

Okay, so you hit the nail on the head.