Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Just You and I....

11 Years


1. You had some awesome hair when we were dating. I completely dug the long hair. But you did spend more time and put more product in it then any other guy I know! Oh and you did good when you picked me out of the 3 girls! lol


2. The Marine Corps changed our lives. I thank you for taking the risk, getting us the hell out of that shithole town we grew up in, and joining the Corps. We were young, yes, but we have beaten the odds. And we all know where we would be now if you hadn't joined, and we still lived back home. The Marine Corps made us who we are today. Semper Fi!



3. No matter what anyone says....



You can't beat the Marine Corps Uniforms.



And you were smokin hot in them uniforms!



4. I love your loyalty. To your family, friends and even your work. You may not like it sometimes, but you can still be counted on to do your job and do it 110%.



5. I love that you are not afraid of nasty, stinky poopy diapers. You can do a mean diaper change job!



6. I love how if I don't answer the phone the first time, you try at least 3 more times to call back. Then if I don't answer, you call friends. If they don't answer, you start to panic. By then, I am usually out of the shower and then I call you back. It lets me know you care that much.




7. I suck at Math, you suck at English. We balance each other out when it comes to Girly's schoolwork. I love that you will get down and help her with her math work, and most of the time you don't look at me like I am completely stupid (except for geography) when I don't know how to multiply fractions and crap. I said most of the time though!! lol



8. I love it that we are so different in our views on religion. I love it that we can agree to disagree, but still have a civilized and open conversation on our views. I also love that we can both agree that when those stupid solicitors come to our door asking us "Have you been saved?" that it is fun to screw with them, and make them feel like idiots, or threaten to call the cops if they don't get off the property. The same goes to telemarketers. We have ourselves some fun with telemarketers.



9. You will get down on the floor, or in the dirt and just go crazy with the kids. I love to see you playing with them. Your light show kicks ass ( just watch out for flying glow sticks lol )You are a great Daddy!



10. I love it when you try to keep secrets from me. It's a fun game. Because after 20 minutes of you knowing something that I don't, I get a call. I always know when you want to spill the beans on something. I always know when you are lying. Even over the phone. I can pretty much see your facial expression just by your tone of voice!



11. After 11 yrs. I believe I love you more now that I did on the day we got married. I know all your quirks. I know all your habits. We finish each others thoughts and sentences. I know what you can eat, and what will tear your ass up the next day. I know that when you drink 151 and get really messed up, I will be up till 4 in the morning making sure you don't have alcohol poisoning. I know I can count on you to bathe the kids, so you don't have to do dishes. Your coffee must be 1/3 coffee, 1/3 creamer, and 1/3 sugar. You will put Tabasco, Ketchup and Tony's on everything. After 11 Yrs. I love that I know you this well, and nobody else does!



I Love you Honey! Now lets go to Vegas for the weekend! lol

10 comments:

{illyria} said...

that was so beautiful. i wanted to laugh in a lot of parts, cry in others. i'm so touched.

happy anniversary, you two. or at least that's what i'm assuming. :)

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! I keep forgetting that yours is so close to mine.

for a different kind of girl said...

omg, this is so wonderful! hilarious and sweet and wow! just soooo wonderful!

happy anniversary to you both!!

Amie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Liza said...

awww!! happy anniversary!! I wish someone would write me a lovely post like you wrote to thine husbandly. cute pictures!!

Me said...

Awww, that's so sweet I wanna puke...haha :D

No, seriously, my favorite part of all this is that you guys could have split up, but you didn't and now you're better now than ever. And, I guess, I have a pretty kick-ass brother-in-law too :) I'd like to think he's more my brother than my real brothers sometimes. You guys are 2 peas in a pod and a perfect fit.

Okay enough sap. Happy Anniversary you 2!!! Love ya both!

kimmyk said...

AWWW y'all so sweet!!!!

happy anniversary to ya!

ALRO said...

Wow congrats on making it 11 years!
That's a big deal in this day and age.

good on ya's!!

Vajana said...

Hello! I vowed today to check out a 'new' blog and I saw yours on TKW and thought I'd check you out. My husband and I celebrated 11 years together this year too, happy anniversary! And he is the Math whiz and I'm the English pro, and yes, he rolls his eyes at me when I can't divide fractions.

I will be back!

Jamie said...

Happy Belated Anniversary guys!!! Boy can I relate to a lot of those...calling more than once when you're only in the shower for sure!