Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Windy Days and Tuesdays Always Get Me Down

This weekend was a good one. Hubs and I got to go out on Saturday night for our anniversary. Without the kiddos. We got food, drinks, played mini golf, and got stopped at a DUI checkpoint. Fun times I tell ya!

Luckily for us, the cop wasn't a dick. I mean especially after we fessed up to having a drink with our dinner and had an expired car insurance stub. lol

No, we are not driving illegally, we do have current insurance, I just haven't gotten off my lazy butt to print it out off of the computer. He let us off with a warning and told us to be sure we have our current insurance in the vehicle from now on. If he knew me, he wouldn't have been so easy on us cause Hubs is still driving around with those expired papers and it's Tuesday! lol

Sunday was a good day for yard work. We worked our asses off. The side yard looks a hellofallot better, and Hubs and I are both burned on our shoulders and necks. We were smart enough to lube up the kids, but not so much ourselves. The kiddos ran through our not so new, but haven't worked in years, and Hubs got them working yard sprinklers. I still can fathom what the assholes who lived here before us were thinking when they put this property together. Shit is just all over the place.

Today is another lovely windy day. Can you hear the sarcasm dripping. In case you couldn't tell, yes, I am being sarcastic. The wind here sucks royal donkey butt. It's sunny and warm, but the minute you walk out you get blasted with 70 mph winds mixed with a whole crap load of sand. Lovely for the skin, yes (makes for a great exfoliate), but a mouthful of dirt really sucks. It usually goes in spurts. 3 or 4 days of wind, 1 or 2 days without. Mother Nature must have it out for somebody.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

The wind was the one thing I really remember hating in CA. I guess I had forgotten about it after moving away, but going back to visit put me right back in the day. I remember running, screaming and hiding from "dirt devels, or wind tornados" as we use to call them. Teeth full of dirt!!

ALRO said...

we're finally getting good weather.... thank goodness..

Hey - if one person sucks Royal Donkey -- and then another person sucks Regular Donkey Butt - have you ever wondered what the difference is???

Flavor? Texture..

These are the kinda thoughts that kept me out of the really good schools!!

for a different kind of girl said...

We finally got a really great day today, and it shockingly hit 70 degrees. My oldest got home from a half day of school and declared it "broiling" outside. Of course, tomorrow is 40 and rainy, and some of those winds. One day I'm going to be able to open up my house and turn the heat off.

Glad you had a good time on your night out!

Me said...

It's been so nice here the past few days. Such a good change of pace.

I'm going to start working outside maybe in a few weeks. After Hubs gets my office done (after 6 damn mos...lol).

Now get that updated insurance card into Beauregard before you get your asses pulled over again!

Liza said...

very lucky you didn't get ticketed and in trouble for "dui" and everything. seems like most cops are jerks so you got a nice one :)

{illyria} said...

"a mouthful of dirt" is very graphic! LOL. it's nice to see you enjoying good times over there. here, the weather is totally unpredictable, but the freaky part is the absence of wind, which makes the humidity even worse! imagine walking through half-melted butter. yeah...sticky...hot...oily...egh.