Monday, July 10, 2006

Bad Bad Night

Ok, last night sucked big ass!

First off, Baby Boy is either cutting major teeth, or is sick with the flu. Either way, he is puking non-stop and I have been up 4 or 5 times a night just to check and make sure he isn't choking. Add those 4 or 5 times, plus the time he actually woke up at 2 am to nurse and you have allot of getting up.

But wait...there's more

Crazy Boy chewed a hole in his last nuk. That's right. The last nuk was thrown in the trash yesterday. But behold. A nuk was hiding under his bed just in time for bedtime. So he went the whole day without a nuk, and was given the hider nuk for bed last night. But, he has this knack for losing things. So twice last night, I had a screaming Crazy Boy running into my room, all frantic because he could not find that very last nuk. Tough crap. I searched his bed. Not there. I was not about to get down on my hands and knees and search the floor in their dark room. No Way! Told him the nuk was gone and to go back to bed. Finally, after the second round of getting up, he slept until morning. Hasn't asked for it since.

So, you combine a teething, puking infant with a toddler in nuk detox, and you have one bad night.

4 comments:

aatank said...

Hi I'm visiting from Bossy's page. I can so relate with night's like that that. I too had kids up screaming all night. Thank god both of my kids were not attached to nuks or their bottles and gave them up easily. We're on to the the potty training stage and it's driving me insane.

Unknown said...

Wow. That's sucky, I hope you got a nap in!

Hmmmmm, I don't know if The Duckling would go for the whole "it's just gone" thing with the Pootie but that would make things much easier in my house when the time arrives...

Linda said...

You poor woman!

I think Morgan is teething too, which I think is entirely way too early...LOL. She isn't puking, but she is one very crabby baby.

Sorry about the nuk. Good to detox him though. Might be a rough couple nights, but he will get thru!! :)

Jennifer said...

Teeting. I remember it well, it was not good. I'm so glad we made it past that point without me pulling out my hair