Saturday, July 15, 2006

Heat Wave

It is 11 a.m. and it is already 100 degrees. It is suppose to reach record highs of 114. I think it is going to exceed that. I put the baby down about 9:30 a.m. for a nap and went out to clean out the kid's pool, and do a few lawn chores. I am glad I did it then because if I hadn't I would have to wait till tonight after the sun goes down in order not to keel over of heat exhaustion. But even after the sun goes down it still is close to 100. It doesn't really cool down until midnight or so. Then it gets down in the low 80's to mid 70's. This weather sucks. I feel so bad for the kids. It is either go outside and play in the pool, or sit inside and watch t.v., play computer games or just flat out be bored. I have tried some productive things, such as going to the library, or just sitting down here and reading some good books, but Crazy Boy wants nothing to do with the books unless he can color in them. And the library. Well we wont even go into what a lovely experience that was. No more library for us. You can only play so many board games. And once again that is usually because the Crazy Boy likes to throw the pieces, or better yet, eat them. I would take them to the public pool, but then I would have to be right by Crazy Boy's side every minute, and then who would watch Baby Boy and Girly Girl? She hasn't learned how to swim yet, so I am weary of her being in the water alone. Plus it costs money to go, and that we don't have allot of. We tried going to a park too. Yah, it's kind of hard to play on the monkey bars, swings and slides when as soon as you touch them your skin burns off. Ok guys, any and all suggestions are welcome!!! Help me please!! I am as damn bored as my kids!! LOL

6 comments:

Me said...

It's not that hot here today, but pretty damn hot! We've been pretty much inside all day, except when I went to Liza's shower and Ry took Baby Girl to Granny's to swim. I have no suggestions as I don't need much to keep Baby Girl occupied yet :)

Hope it cools off soon! Damn....114 is waaay too hot for me!

You never answered my "what if I'm pregnant come Vegas time?" question. LOL. I sure as hell can't have any fun!!!!! LOL. And, no, those aren't my feet....are you kidding me? ha.

Jamie said...

What about Play-doh? If you are concerned about anybody eating it you can look online for making your own- edible style! My boys LOVE play-doh, even their daddy. They will take GI Joes and play with it. Or you could finger paint. I bet Crazy Boy would love that! There are some great washable paints out there!

It has been hot here too. Yesterday we went to the beach but even that didn't seem to cool us off.

I know what you mean about horror stories at the library. My kids turn into terrors when we walk in that building.

eyes_only4him said...

sounds like here, yesterday by 10 am it was already 98...not good odds of having an enjoyable day;)

stay inside..or splash in the pool..thats what we did;)

Me said...

Word--I moved again. mommawethyb.blogspot.com :)

Ben said...

114??! Ok, I'm not going to complain anymore, it's 105 here. I hope you guys have a swimming pool over there.

Stay cool.

Cheers

Carrie said...

ok, I'm sweating even THINKING about temps that high.

what about an indoor bounce-ground place like Monkey Joes? (not sure if you ahve them there?)


movies?

what about an indoor paint-it-yourself pottery studio? the kids can each paint something, and it's indoors...

any museums geared for kids in your area?


ok. sweating again. maybe thinking makes me sweat?