Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Lazy Day

Thanks everyone for your suggestions to beat this heat!! I think I may try the whole play-doh thing. Although I despise play-doh!!! LOL Just something to keep the kiddos occupied.

Today was Baby Boy's 6 month shots. Ouch. He has been screaming non-stop for the past week and a half, so I was for sure he had an ear infection or something. But no, nothing was abnormal, the ped just said this is his way of dealing with those dreaded teefers breaking through. Yah, just my luck!! LOL I hope the stinkin things hurry up and come through so he can feel better.

Girly Girl is outside playing with the neighbor kids. Well, she was I should say. They played in the pool for a good hour, then made their way indoors where it is cool. Granted it isn't 114 today, but it is about 105. Still to hot. We were going to go to the library today where they were having a reptile magic show, but after Baby Boy's shots, I figured it best to get him home to nap. Luckily, the library hosts these types of things every Tuesday, so I told her next week we would go.

Crazy Boy is recovering from a nose dive off of the couch. Yes, literally a nose dive. Actually 2 of them. The other night, he was playing on the couch and slid off into the coffee table. Knocked his chin good, and then his nose. Dandy little bruise on both. Cut his lip pretty good too. Poor guy. Then yesterday, he decided he wanted to be Superman and jump off the loveseat. Well, lets just say he isn't that graceful. He landed head first into the ground and gave himself a big goosegg on the forehead. I think people are starting to wonder if I beat my kid.

Both boys are sleeping soundly now, so I think I will go lay down for a bit. Maybe I'll get a few minutes of peace before one or the other wake up!

4 comments:

Me said...

I got a good 2 1/2 hr nap in this afternoon while Baby Girl was napping. After last night's storm episode, it felt good!

Hope they stayed asleep for you!

Love ya!

Jamie said...

I hate play-doh too, but it keeps them occupied!

Hannah's got a goose egg on her head too. Don't you just love when they get all banged up and people just give you looks. I bruise so easily, mostly on my legs, and the doctors always question me about it! It is SO annoying!

Carrie said...

funny... in our house *I'm* the one that keeps falling down and bumping into things.. I think people are beginning to wonder if my daighter beats ME!

since you're going the playdough route... have you ever played with magic sand? I don't know if they still make it, but it's scultable sand underwater.. and nowhere NEAR as smelly as play dough??

Amie said...

OMG, I'm just now finding your new blog. LOL I feel stupid