Wednesday, June 06, 2007

1 Place to Never take Children

If I could give one piece of advice right now to all you bloggers out there it would be...

Never, ever, ever, even if your life depends on it, take your children to a loan office with you to sign new home paperwork.

Holy Crap. Yesterday was a long day.

Hubs and I had to go the loan office to sign a shitload of paperwork for the new home loan we are acquiring.

Needless to say, we had to take the boys.

For the 3 hours we sat in that office it was nothing but screaming, whining, cheerio throwing, sippy cup throwing, "Momma, I have to PEEEEEE" yelling, "Momma, I'm thirsty" yelling, "Momma, I want a ice qweeem cone" yelling, 2 poop accidents, 5 trips to the potty, 1 trip out to the car to get extra diapers, and numerous high pitched screams coming from Baby Boy who evidently didn't think it was fair that Big Brother got to get out of the stroller and he didn't!

Yeah, my advice when doing new home paperwork. Leave the kids at home. Even if you don't have a sitter, strap them into their highchairs and run. No, just kidding. But at least find a sitter. lol

It is sooo windy here. You can't even see the mountains due to the enormous amount of dust and sand blowing around. It does a real number on your car. Let me tell you. And your hair. Does wonders for your teeth though. It's like an all natural teeth cleaning. Although it feels like you have been eating clams for a bit.

Oh and I have come to the conclusion that 3 yr. olds are greatly influenced by older children. So if you are babysitting a pain in the ass, 7 yr. old that talks back, hits people, doesn't listen, and throws frozen pizzas that you are getting ready to put in the oven for lunch onto your freshly vacuumed living room floor, then the 3 yr. old is going to follow suit. Note to self: Don't babysit that 7 yr. old EVER again!

11 comments:

Christie E. Little said...

You know I love you, but DUH!!!!!

LOL. You're too much. I hope the lloan is going well. I'm thinking of you and wishing you sooooo much easy luck.
xoxo
C

Jamie said...

Wow, what kind of a monster are those people raising? Throwing a pizza??? How terrible! Couldn't you have gotten the paperwork to fill out at home? That is what we did for our refinancing (maybe its different though if you're just buying?). That would be a nightmare! Hope it all goes much easier from here on out!

Choppzs said...

Thoughts:
I know, I know. Originally Bratty 7 yr. old's parents were going to watch my 2. But after the ordeal of watching him for 4 hours that morning, I was not about to trust him any longer with Crazy Boy, especially since his parents don't see the need to discipline him. Who knows what kind of things he would have gotten away with if I wasn't here. lol My kids probably would have been near death when I got home. Plus Bratty 7 yr. old has this thing with wanting to hold Baby Boy. I don't trust him, and he would try to grab him up while we weren't looking. He got ahold of him once when we weren't looking and bear hugged him till Baby Boy was almost in tears! I should invest some time in looking for friends with not so unruley kids! lol (and ones that don't almost murder my kids! lol)

Jamie:
I don't think we could have done the paperwork at home. Only because he had to witness us signing them, and he had to have copies of everything to give to us and whoever else needed copies. Just easier to go where the machines were at and stuff! lol
And yes, I felt sad for my newly vacuumed carpets after that! lol I am so anal, I was about to smack him! lol

Unknown said...

And here I thought you were going to say not to take them to Chuck E. Cheese.

Yes, we've gone through that twice with the kids. Good times...There is NOTHING for them to plya with but pens there and we all know pens without 100% supervision are a bad, bad idea.

You are so right about the 3 y/os being influenced...my 3 y/o will follow whatever my TWO YEAR OLD does. How messed up is that?

Me said...

Hmmm, now what 7-yr-old could you possibly be talking about? I'd kick him in the ass then throw him out on the street...hehe.

I was wondering where you guys have been at, but that'd explain it. I think I'd have shot myself in the head after a day like that :)

Love ya!

Jamie said...

Yes, new friends are indeed needed... Gosh, too bad we didn't live so far away...we both have 1 girl, 2 crazy boys, we're anal...we'd get along GREAT! LOL

Ju said...

LOL. Don't you love it when you kids throw tantrums in public, especially small closed in places. I've had Alexa throw fits in places where it's usually quiet and it's soooo embarrassing.

Christie E. Little said...

My Duh was said with all the love in the world from one mom of three to another..Lol.

I did it once before too..:)

kimmyk said...

OMG. You shoulda beat that 7 year old like he was one of your own. Not that I ever beat my kids, BUT if they acted like that-holy hell.

Hope everything goes smoothly with the loan. I'm crossin' my fingers for ya!

Linda said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and the loan stuff. I can't even imagine taking the kids somewhere like that.

Ben said...

3 hours, damn that took a long time. Mine was a half and hour at best from what I remember. At least it's all done.