Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sipping on Gin and Juice

Well technically it's not gin and juice, but rather Kahlua and Bailey's, but hey beggars can't be choosers.

Sitting here contemplating whether I even want to get into the kind of day today has been.

Went to the home inspection of the new house. Let's just say we knew of allot of things that would need to be fixed up and spruced up and such, but I didn't realize just how much work really is going to need to be done. Yeah it'll be a work in progress, I know, but still it kind of gets my panties in a wad. The inspector was great. Luckily, the first hour or so we were there it was just us and him. No homeowners. But then the guy came home, and our open talking kind of went out the door. The inspector was very good at giving us pointers here and there, and kind of telling us "off the record" what should be done. So now that that is done, and the appraisal is done, and all the other inspections, now we just wait for the listings to come back to us, telling us what has to be fixed and what is suggested to be fixed. I guess we'll see. And the homeowner was very adamant on letting us know he was losing money on the deal. Especially since with the loan being a VA loan, they are very strict on things that need to be done. Things I guess, he didn't expect to have to do. Well let me tell you, he can shove it up his ass, cause if the shit needs to be done, he isn't going to screw us out of something that is potentially dangerous to us in the near future.

Oh well. Enough said.

Still trying to figure out a way to get my kids some sparklers for the 4th. That's right. Here in good old To Hot Shit Hole, anything but those stupid poppers are deemed illegal. I guess being out in the desert, fire safety is big, so they restrict everything. But let me ask... What the hell is there to burn here? We are in the middle of the fricken desert. There isn't shit but sand and tumbleweeds. lol. Oh well, we are thinking maybe a trip to Vegas is in order. We'll take the risk of getting busted at the agricultural station between here and there just to let our kids have some sort of fun on the 4th. Next year though, I am ordering them online and getting them ahead of time. Even though there is the chance of them being confiscated in the mail. Or so I am told. lol. What a bummer.

OK, that is all I have to gripe about for now. Ta ta Everyone!

4 comments:

Me said...

That homeowner can shove it! If those inspections are really crappy, you know you can back out right? I'm assuming you already knew that but I just had to throw that in. And if that homeowner really did want to sell that place he'd be grateful, not pissin' and moanin' about losing money. What a piece of shit that guy is. Well, hopefully, the inspections come back pretty okay....or enough where you can handle the repairs. That guy better fix the shit that needs to be fixed too. It's not like you bought the house with an AS-IS clause. Good grief!

Sorry about the fireworks. I feel bad we couldn't help :( Guess you'd just have to come to MI for the next 4th...haha :D

Marisa said...

You stand your ground with the house. Yeah!

Have your sissy-poo stuff some sparklers in a cake (like the ol' file in the cake, ya know, for prisoners?). They'll never find them in there. LOL

Marisa said...

Oh and BTW, I am adding you to the blogroll as long as you promise to quit moving, K? LOL

Nature Girl said...

Yikes..I hope the homeowner is responsible and fixes things properly that need fixed. Our inspection went really well considering, as homeowners, we only had a fix a couple of very minor things, the rest of the list was really weird stupid stuff that we didnt' have to fix. I can't believe the homeowner came home while you were there...we were told to be out and stay out. I wouldn't want to be there..how awkward!
HOpe it goes well..
Stacie