Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What's wrong with this picture?

Ok, who the hell taught my kids manners? I thought I did, but evidentally not. I refuse to give in to the demands of a 3 yr. old. "Mama, give me juice!" , "Mama, I want crackers!", "Mama, I WANT JUICE!!"

Do you know what my response is to this???


"Shut Up"

Not yelling, not screaming, just a non-shalant

"Shut up"

Is that bad? lol

So then he says....

"Nicely Mama!"

He says this because I always tell him I wont get him squat until he asks for things nicely. So that is what he says.

"But I said Nicely Mama!"

"No Crazy, you have to ask me Please, and say Thank you, not say Nicely"

Man, my kid is a Butthead!


Another question, is is bad to try to purposely embarass your 9 year old and then get a big kick out of it when it is accompished? Girly is at the age where she is
really embarrassed by
being around her parents. And we take full advantage of this situation. Especially when we are at Walmart or out and about in town. We will act like total idiots just to embarrass the heck out of her. She gets all red faced and angry. lol. Usually we only do this when she gets snotty, or cocks an attitude towords us about something. I feel it is just our way of showing the girl love! lol

4 comments:

Me said...

Don't take this the wrong way but, man, do you sound like Mom...LMAO! Remember how we used to hate it when she'd act like an idiot in public?? I'm sure I'll feel differently when Grace is 9 but, man, that poor kid :) And, Grace is the same way with the demanding crap. I refuse to give into her when she acts that way. Aren't the toddler years so much fun??!!!

Unknown said...

I'm learning so much on the Older Kid Parenting Front from you!!!

Linda said...

Ha! That's too funny.

Alyssa did something similar a few months back. She'd demand something and I used to say "say please". So after a week of that when I looked at her she'd go "I want a cookie, say please". I asked her therapists about that at the time and they said thats what they think their supposed to say, so when you want them to say something you would just flat out tell them what you want them to say... Such as if she says I WANT A COOKIE. I would respond "Mommy, can I have a cookie please". Then she'd repeat me and eventually now that's how she asks for things. (Not always the first time, but most times).

But he's a little older than Alyssa was, so he could just be being a butt head too...LOL!

Jamie said...

LOL That's too funny. I was thinking how your mom was have been the same way w/you guys...then read Beth's comment;) And here we say we'll never be like our parents...lol.