Monday, June 23, 2008

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

Gone Private. Took me long enough didn't it? lol I hope you all are able to get on here, as I love to hear from everyone.

This weekend was hot. Not just hot, let me rephrase that.... F'n Hot!

And we did all sorts of crap around the house, sweated our butts off, and then realized we should have been inside the air conditioned house the whole time! lol That's ok, we now have a lovely yard light up that helps us to see the Pups when they are out and about at night.

I also got one hell of a deal at Home Deathpot. I mean Home Depot. When we went in and got some yard supplies on Saturday, I picked up your standard American Flag kit. Metal pole, eagle, flag and mounting stuff. Got to the register and it rang up for 1 penny. That's right. 1 red cent. I figured, hell, I'm not gonna dispute that! So off we went home and I hung my 1 cent American flag. So then yesterday, Girly and I made another trip to the death center, and I thought that I'd take a gander at grabbing some more flags. If they rang up for a penny, good, if not, I'd just put them back. So I grabbed the 5 they had left and went to the register. Yup folks, they all rang up for 1 penny. So I got 5 American flag kits for a nickel! How's that for American pride??? lol

I'm feeling allot better now. My nose and stomach are back to their normal selves. I am completely avoiding tomatoes at this point though. I don't care if they show them to me under a stinkin black light. I'm still not going to touch them. And yes, next season, we will be planting our own tomato plants! lol

12 comments:

Rusti said...

that's one heck of a deal!! awesome! good for you - and I hope you enjoy the air :)

Carrie said...

What a great deal. Man I need to go to our Home Depot because I need an American Flag for our house. Oh we I'm thankful we grew our own tomatoes this year.

{illyria} said...

you're private and i'm in the know! hells yeah. :)

i know what hot means, and it's not pretty half the world over.

and oh, what kind tomatoes? lovely heirloom ones? the ones you slice then sprinkle salt and olive oil over? mmmmmm.

kimmyk said...

i have been eating tomatoes everyday from this little farmers market down the street. i love tomatoes like {i} said---with salt and olive oil. YUM! i can make a whole meal of that.

a flag for a penny-that's a deal. do you feel bad though that you didn't say anything? i'd feel bad, but that wouldn't stop me ya know from buying everyone i know a flag. i mean, i gotta put gas in my car for craps sake. LOL.

THANKS for the invite and keeping me in the know.

Ashley said...

5 flag kits for a nickel! Cheap! You could sell them for profit!! Ha ha!

I Am Boymom said...

Dang, girl! Major bargain day on the flags, NOT a major bargain on the food poisoning! ICK! Glad you're on the mend. As far as hot goes, I'm in Phoenix...yer singin' to the choir here and I got NO sympathy for anyone when it comes heat this time of year, cause unless yer sittin' here next to me, my heat is worse than anyone else's...ever! Except the guys in Iraq and Afghanistan...that's heat plus hell!

ALRO said...

So people who come by and ask you, "Where did y'all get that two-bit flag?!"
You can say.. "HEY !!!! IT'S not a two bit flag, ok!?!? It's a ONE bit flag!! What a bargooon!"
That totally doesn't suck!

Glad yer feeling better!!! man that's a long ass sickness you have there.

Anonymous said...

*dances around*

I got inviiiited... :)

Glad you're feeling better. I love tomatoes... so, I'd be in read trouble if I were you...

Me said...

I didn't even know you went private...LOL. I feel so special that you just included me...haha :D

Did you tell Mom yet?? LOL

Lisa said...

Thanks for inviting me to your private blog! I feel so special (hee hee!)

Carrie said...

love the new look for YOU, too... I'm so gonna copy your asses and get me a new layout, too.


good deal on the flag. weird about the snakes. on the porch and int he dream. ACK!

Ben said...

That sounds about par for the course of the value of the USD these days, well done.

Cheers