Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Dogs of War

This is the newest addition to the family. This is Sokka. He is Hub's new dog. He is a holy terror. A pain in my ass!

He may be cute, yes, but don't let those puppy eyes and wagging tail persuade you. He is a butthole. Pure shithead. He digs holes. He eats all the mulberries off the ground and poos humongous piles of mulberry shit everywhere. He jumps on the windows. He chews up shoes. He chews up ANYTHING that is within his reach. He chewed up 2 nuks and 1 sipper cup. And my biggest problem.....he fights with my Pookey. I don't mean just little scrapping, playing around fighting. I mean knock down drag out fights. And he's only around 8 months or so. We think.

My question to you all? How do you remedy this?


Pookey has been with us for 11 yrs. now. She's old. She's got arthritis and bad hips. And she's fat. Granted, she's very spry, and loves to run and fetch and play with the kids. She's my baby.

But now that Sokka is here and has chewed her a new asshole a few times, I am afraid she will get hurt. He is very domineering towards her, hovers over her and if she even attempts to walk by his bones he goes after her. Hubs says this is their way of establishing dominance. Which I fully understand. I have no problems with them finding their place in the home. But when she is as old as she is, and he mangles her, I wont have it. She's MY dominant dog. She's MY alpha dog. She's MY top dog.

I know you have to let things play out. This is their way of dealing with things. That's the dog way.

But she's my baby. I know she doesn't have many years left. I don't need him breaking her in half.



This is my Pookey. She is very camera shy, so I can never get any good pics of her. If she even sees the camera she automatically turns away and will not look at you until she knows the camera has been put away. She's so smart and such a loving girl. We've had our ups and downs with her, and Hub's will always bring up the story about how I gave her away and then forced him to go and get her back for me. How she peed all over the house as a pup, and how she had separation anxiety so bad that she tore our shit off the walls. But we have gotten through all that and now she is a model dog. She always sleeps under my side of the bed. She's always at my feet. If I move to another chair, she moves to another chair. She loves her treats. She's good with the kids. She's wonderful with Poppy our other dog. She's a good watch dog. She loves her tennis balls.

I guess I am just getting a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that she's not going to be with us much longer. And I don't need Sokka upsetting her. It would suck to be top dog and then go out of this world going "That motherf*cker took my bone, took my attention, beat me up, and broke my hip, why couldn't they just have waited till I was gone to get him?"

I know that's what she's thinking! I can talk to you her! lol

So any help would be appreciated!

10 comments:

Me said...

Just shoot Sokka...HAHAHAHA! But to answer your question, no I don't have any advice for you. You know I'm not a dog person.

I still say just shoot him....*snicker*

Melissa said...

That's a tough one, and probably one of the many reasons we no longer have dogs. That being said, sorry no advice here either.

Chris said...

Just shoot Beth! You know I'm not a Beth person! n/k

Choppzs said...

Ok Pink, lets not get mean here! lol

I was waiting for your comment to show up, and I was fully expecting something stupid like this! lol

So be nice!!!

for a different kind of girl said...

Oh, no clue...maybe watch that Dog Whisperer dude. I hear he's like a canine ninja!

Me said...

Now I know what you were talking about when you commented no my blog. I wonder that too...lol.

ALRO said...

Different-Kinda-of-Girl said what i was gonna say.. Dog Whisperer is an amazing show... I will never have a dog cuz i'm allergic to them.. but it's neat to watch this guy with dogs...

you'll get alot of hints on how to behave with the dog, to show the dog who's boss..

Anonymous said...

I'll send you Ms Tinker. Pookey will adore any new comer you have as long as you send Ms Tinker back to whatever dark pit of hell she was spawned from.

Kennel the naughty Doggy. They say it takes 2 years for the naughty puppy phase to ware out. Ms Tinks will be going on 3 it's only getting worse.

Cheers Darling.

I Am Boymom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I Am Boymom said...

ChoppZ - I deleted my first comment becuase it was late last night when I was reading your blog and after I left comment I realized that you had already gone through the whole training process with your older dog, so you already know that training is the key, which is basically what I said in the deleted comment. We went through 2 puppies and gave them both to families who wanted to take the time to train them. We have realized that no one in our family is willing to take the time to properly work with and train a dog, so now we have a cat, who is fairly independent and self-sufficient. Good Luck!