Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight

OK, this post has nothing to do with chicken, but hell it sounded good.

Wow, it's been a while, and I have been lazy.

Yesterday was gorgeous. No sun. Clouds all day long and gloomy. It only got up to 100. Beeutiful!!! I was outside with the kids all day long. Now today it's sunny again, and suppose to get to 105. Dammit sun, go away for crying out loud! Ughh!

House coming along. Appraisal done, and waiting on repairs. Hopefully we will be moving soon.

Gosh, other then Crazy swearing like a Marine, I have absolutely nothing to talk about. That's right, his new word of choice is ass. I have absolutely no idea where he may have gotten that from.......well.....yes I do, but hey I am not the only one that says it all the time *points finger in Hub's direction*

OK, I will bring this up only because I am desperate and can't think of a damn thing to post about. Picture the situation. Hubs don't kill me for this, I am a desperate blogger.

This last weekend I am sneaking away to take a shower. Hubs is home, which means I can take a shower bright and early in the morning without worrying that the kids are unsupervised. Usually it takes me till mid-afternoon when Baby is sleeping to get my showers.

I shut the door tightly and even think about locking it to keep Crazy out. But I don't. Just in case Hubs needs to get in to do something or whatever.

So as I strip down to get into my uninterrupted shower, the door opens. Hubs walks in.

I look at him and say "whatchya doin?"

He looks around and says "I was gonna see if I could join you?"

Ummmm, ya, ok so much for my uninterrupted shower.

So I say, "So where are the kids and who's going to watch them?" thinking at any moment I am going to have to shower with a room full of kids, as is usually the case.

He looks around. I was almost waiting for the finger to go to his mouth and start tapping his chin. I believe he was thinking that hard.

"Oh...yah...Ok." and he walks out.

Now I guess my question is...do guys not think?? lol Does it not occur to them that when you have children they must be supervised? Especially little ones that are crawling about and stick things in their mouths. I mean, I, as a mother, am always thinking of the kids. Where are they? Are they getting into something? Why are they so quiet? Did I lock the front door security lock so Crazy can't get out even if he unlocks all the door knob locks?

Even when I do go to take a shower, and Baby is asleep, I make sure Crazy is settled comfortably with the babysitter (aka the TV) , with a snack, a juice and with Girly seated near by in case she needs to come running to me to tell me he's choking or some shit. Only at that point do I feel comfortable enough to take my 5 minute, wash my hair, wash my ass as quick as I can shower and jump out just in time to hear the 2 of them going at it over which stupid cartoon to watch.

Is it this way with every couple?

OK, enough of that. I am going to be in trouble now.

*smooch smooch* I love you Hubs lol

10 comments:

Jamie said...

LOL You ALWAYS crack me up!!! Yes, that sounds a bit familiar. Nice long showers are hard to come by and its just not possible to take one w/hubby w/kids on the loose. I hear ya about the door being locked too...

Can't wait to see pics of your new house!!!

Nature Girl said...

you got to shower? Uninterrupted?

LOL just kidding. Back when mine were little, I did EVERYTHING at night when they were sleeping. Showers, cleaning, shopping (when dh was home) everything! Yeah..the boys just don't seem to think they same way we girls do. I rememeber going somewhere once when my oldest was little and coming home to find his diaper the size of an M-16, he was covered in PBJ and juice and some other unidentified substance, cassette tapes were unraveled throughout the entire house as was several rolls of toilet paper, there were remnants of what appeared to be a slobbered on pbj half in half out of the vcr, the fridge door was open and things were spilled EVERYWHERE, the back door was open. completely. there were toys in the toilet, and where was DH you ask? Oh, he was sound asleep on the couch. snoring.

I was furious! I jolted his ass awake by just screaming at him, changed the baby and told him I was leaving and the place had better be spotless when I got back. I went to DQ, and that was the beginning of the end. but boy you can bet that house sparkled when I got back.

I'm mad all over just thinking about it and that was over 16 years ago. LOL It was a long time before I left him in charge of the kids again.

Christie E. Little said...

Oh my God! They're all the same! Ok, at least mine is. No hunny they just don't get that part of the deal.

Mine starts totally getting naughty in my ear or behind me and my kids are totally right there! He's clueless. But yes..we love them.
xoxo
C

Me said...

Just read my post from today and that'll tell it all :)

Amie said...

I have that same shower conversation just about everyday.

kimmyk said...

Uh yeah. I'm with Amie. It's like an everyday thing. Sucky thing is-my kids don't need supervision so I can't use that line. But damnit I wish I could somedays. He hogs the water and makes me stand at the back of the shower. Helloooo? Get out.

for a different kind of girl said...

In my bathroom, it's like a little closet shower. Therefore, me and gloriously me gets it alone. I can barely turn my back on my boys, though, so I have to time things accordingly.

Now, if I can look past the muck, mire and god knows what those three male animals I live with leave behind in their shower, maybe (and that's a BIG maybe) I'd go in there and give him a little something. But then I do remember I'd probably be standing in something I don't want to be, and I'd be standing there in the back of the shower, freezing my ass off.

Now, the kitchen? That's another story altogether...

Chris said...

Well I at least give you the shower!!!!!!!

Ben said...

I wouldn't know but congrats again on the new abode, shoot us some pix when you guys are in.

Cheers

ALRO said...

you know what.. i love my uninterrupted shower too! So i know how you feel.. unfortunately.. i don't often get the bathroom to myself around here.... just the way things are..

I've actually gotten used to it..