Friday, July 20, 2007

Mornings suck

This morning started out as any typical morning. Woken up by Crazy, he climbs into bed with me, I turn on PBS and he watches it for an hour while I try to get my lazy butt out of bed. Only this morning, he taps me on the shoulder and says

"Momma, I dropped my Nuk in the potty."

Half asleep still, I tried to process what he just said.

"What? You did what?"

"I dropped my Nukky in the potty."

"Ummm, huh?"

"It fell in the potty"

I sit up trying to figure out the slurring words because he has the Nuk in his mouth.

"Your Nuk fell in the potty?"

"Yah"

"Ummm, before or after you went pee in the potty?"

"Huh?" (insert raised eyebrow and quizzical look from boy here, like I am the Crazy one)

Get up, pull the Nuk from his mouth, and throw it in the dishwasher. And don't even get me started on the fact that he is to damn old for his Nuk. I know this information. But hell, I am lazy, and I hate to hear him scream. So call me a wuss.

Bonus:

Just a wee bit of information. All repairs and necessary crap is done to the house we plan on buying. But it looks as if we will be waiting possibly another month to move in. The sellers are asking for a bit more time due to their own stupidity. See they are building another house. So far it is a beautiful slab in the nice part of town. That's right, a slab. So because they are stupid and unprepared to move, and have no where to live, we have decided to give the go ahead to wait another month. But I am telling you, if it takes any longer then a month, we are backing on the damn deal!

7 comments:

kimmyk said...

i'm glad to hear you guys are buying a house. i must have missed that post. i'll have to double back when i get home next week.

now as far as the nuk goes. you know how i got my son off of his? i pulled on it til it got a hole in it and the edges were sort of jagged because it's made of that rubbery stuff anyways, he didnt like that feeling on his tongue and he'd spit the sucker out. he broke himself of it. i think he was 3. you wont hear a word out of me...i remember how hard it was to break him of it.

Liza said...

I wish I had a Nuk. Not a potty Nuk, but a regular Nuk :)

Jamie said...

I'm telling you, Crazy sounds JUST like Gabe...one day Gabe told me he DRANK his pee!!! And there was a little spot on his shirt that smelled like it...and only a bit of tinkle in the potty chair. I don't think the kid downed too much but SICK. Two peas in a pod I think we have!!!

That really stinks about not being able to move yet. I hate being in limbo.

Nature Girl said...

Yeah, you won't hear any crap about it from me either, I KNOW how hard it is to break them. Steph was about 3 as well, he gave it up by using it to "buy" a toy he wanted with it. He paid the lady at the store and everything (I slipped her my CC on the side) but a week or so later, he and I were playing a little rough and he ended up having to get stitched right above his eye for a horrible gash (I've NEVER felt so awful in my life) and while the 5 nurses were holding him down for the DR to sew him up, I found an emergency nuk in my purse I had forgotten to throw out, and I shoved it in his mouth. Bad Mom? Well my kid was in for stitches and it was MY fault so why not just add to it right? He was off completely a week later.
Nope...you won't get any judgements from me. And anyone who does judge you for it, has never had kids!

I hope the house comes along for next month!! I'm excited for you!
Stacie

for a different kind of girl said...

Um...is it bad to sometimes wish your kid still used a Nuk just so you (Or me. Mostly me, probably...) could get a second's reprieve from the constant stream of questions and such?

Probably. Sigh...

Jewl said...

Mornings are crazy for me too and they are about to get even more so!

Ben said...

Mornings are for farmers, simple as that. :)