Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's a Tinkle it's a Puddle it's a Wee Wee too

As stated in a previous post, Baby Boy is potty training. I should have known I would jinx myself when I wrote that.

The first 2 days was wonderful, 2 or 3 accidents all together. He even pooped in the pot.

But the LAST 2 days.....

I can't get him to pee inside.

You heard me right...inside.

He'll pee outside all day long. And as soon as he realizes he has to go, starts to dance around, and make the potty sign, he runs for the door. I have tried repeatedly to get him to go to the bathroom.

Me: Come on Sweetie? Gotta pee? Let's go. Let's use the potty.

Baby Boy: *Shakes head no and jumps up and down*

Me: Yeah Hon, come on. We can do the pee pee dance! Come on, it'll be fun. Mama will pee pee with you!

Baby Boy: Utuh, No. *Dances around like he is going to explode*

Me: OK fine, lets go.

At this point I drag him to the bathroom and place him on the pot.

Me: Come on now, you can pee pee in the potty.

Baby Boy sits for a moment. Looks around. Stands up.

Me: Did ya go?

Baby Boy: Uhhuh *smiles and runs from the room*

No tinkle.

No sooner we head out to play in the pools, he immediately runs into the yard, stands there and starts to pee. He yells for me to look, gets all excited and does the pee pee dance.

This has happened 3 times.

I suppose it's no big deal. And he is making the connection of the feeling of having to go and actually going. He knows when he has to go, he just doesn't want to go in the toilet. He wants to go outside.

I just don't want to be the person who is having a get together, my kid has to pee, and he sits and waits by the door with the dogs to be let out!

I should just get him a doggy door!

Any advice?

Oh and I wont mention that Crazy has been dry the last 3 nights with no accidents cause I might jinx that too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Potty training sucks- Very time consuming.

Give the boy prizes? Not sure. Maybe a lil bag of army men or something and every time he makes it he gets one?

Good Luck, bella!

Nature Girl said...

roflmao! What is it with boys and their obsession of peeing outside I wonder?

he'll get the hang of it eventually, but I totally get your frustration!
funny though it is..LOL
Stacie

kimmyk said...

Adam use to pee off the porch. He'd arch is back way back and pee. Let 'em go I say...he's a boy!

I Am Boymom said...

No advice, mine is 6 and I finally convinced him not to go outside anymore, he'd go out in the desert on the side of our house so he wouldn't have to stop playing. I told him a snake might bite him there. There's some therapy sessions that will take place in the future! He taught our neighbor boys last year how to pee outside, on the side of their house. They were 2 and 4, he was 5. Their mom told me. Great.