Tuesday, July 01, 2008

All Summer Long

Got that damn song stuck in my head. You know, the new one by Kid Rock. Ugh! lol I crack up when I listen to it though because some of the things he says only a Michigan girl would know what the hell he's talking about!

This weekend was Hub's birthday. So because I didn't post this weekend...

Happy Birthday Hon!

Saturday we had a BBQ and bonfire. Sunday we took a drive down to the Hollywood area. It was crowded and we didn't know where the hell to go so we just kept on going! Plus, with our luck, we woulda ended up in the ghetto somewhere. But we did see the Whiskey a go go bar where the Doors played and the Beverly Hills sign that you would see on the Beverly Hills 90210 beginning if you were lame like me and watched reruns on SoapNet. lol We drove along the coast for a good hour smelling the ocean air and enjoying their 75 degree weather! It was beautiful and green, and made me miss living by the ocean! Or at least some body of water! lol

Terminix man did his duty yesterday. Sprayed the shit outta the house. I told him to put a nice coat of poison back by the back door where Hubs and I have been watching the black widows and wolf spiders play. Hubs killed one the other night, but I just know there are more hiding. Bastards. I asked the Terminix guy if he does anything for snakes...he said "Yah, run!" lol What a dumbass! But no, they don't have anything for them varmints.

I think I will make a trip into town today to get our mail. With Girly being out of school I am saving a shitton in gas by not having to drive everyday. But if I don't check the PO Box, it will overflow then they will charge me because I get to much mail!

Oh and did anybody hear about the 4 day work week that they started in Utah? That's nuts! It may save some money on gas and such, but some people wont be able to survive on a 4 day work week salary. I don't know if we could.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh man, I could just smell the ocean air as you were talking about it. I so miss the beach!

Happy birthday to your hubs!

A four day work week, how is that going to work. That would be awesome though if you could afford it!

Amie said...

I would assume they went to 4 ten hour days. One of the tribes here has done it and Jeremiah has been working 4 hour weeks for a couple years. It's really nice.

Amie said...

4 day weeks I meant...LOL...doesn't he wish he worked 4 HOUR weeks hehe

DDanielle said...

My husband company (a regional school district) is considering 4 10 hour days for those who could do it (obviously not teachers). I think one of the local counties is allowing their employees to do it as well. I worked in a lab and we considered doing 3 12 hour days (we would have gotten paid for 40 hours). We actually could have got more done because the production lines would work better on a 12 hour shift.

kimmyk said...

i wanna go to the ocean.

i want a 4 day work week too. 10 hour days? no problem just give me a friday or a monday off and i'll suck it up!

Jamie said...

Oh yuck, yuck, yuck about the spiders. That is one nice thing about being in Iowa...no more worries of those poisonous things!