Monday, July 28, 2008

Proud Mama

OK, I have to take this moment to brag about my munchkins.

As you all know the 2 boys are in the process of potty training. Well Crazy has been potty trained for a while, but is just now starting to finally have accident free nights.

Baby Boy is just starting his potty training, and I have boycotted diapers during the day.

They are both doing wonderfully.

Crazy has only had 2 accidents in the last week and 1/2 that he's been pull up free. He's been restricted of drinks after 6pm, and we have been getting him up to pee between 1 and 3 in the mornings. He's so proud of himself, and it's great to see him get up and brag that his Shrek undies are dry!

Baby Boy is catching on super fast. He pees more then any kid I know, but is doing it consistently in the potty. He's pooped twice in the pot, and twice in, shall we we say, non-potty zones (i.e his highchair and the hallway floor). He still is peeing outside, but now it's only when we are out there in the pools or they are playing. I tried big boy undies today, but he still thinks he's covered, so he pees in them. I guess he'll stay naked for a while longer till he starts to understand the pulling down of the pants thing. And by naked I mean completely. He doesn't want shirts or anything on! lol He likes to feel free I suppose!

I know all of you are just dying to know how the date with "hell boy" went. Lets just say that kid is insane. By insane I mean, psycho, crazy, wildly angry insane. When this kid gets pissed, he gets pissed. He wouldn't quit splashing Girly in the pool. So she decided if he wasn't going to leave her alone, despite her asking nice and telling him to quit, she was gonna get out the hose. I told her to go for it. If he was going to keep egging her on, well she needed to do what she needed to do. So every time she got splashed (and I don't mean just a harmless splash, like accidental or whatever, this kid was intentionally egging her on) she would spray him full blast with the hose. Finally, after numerous times in the face, and me telling him, if you would just quit egging her on, she'd quit with the hose, he just went nuts. Before I could stop him, he had picked up our metal watering can and chucked it at her. Hitting her square in the shin. That just proceeded to piss her off and she hosed him right in the eyes. He then went for the play shovels, shoes and anything he could get his hands on to hit her with. This is when I (and Lue Lue) had to intervene. He was angry. Seeing nothing but red. Lue Lue actually hid Girly behind her and was trying to reason with this child. No amount of yelling, holding him, or anything calmed this kid down. He doesn't listen, sasses, and is just down right mean. He shows no empathy for his actions. He is one of those kids, that even at his calmest moments, you cannot get him to look you in the eye. He is insane I tell ya. Actually, he probably isn't. He's literally got something wrong with him. And his parents enable him. This kid is 8 yrs. old and can't put on his own shoes. His mom dresses and undresses him. She buckles him into his seat in the car. She caters to his every whim. It's sad. Anyways, when they came to get him, she asked how he'd been. I wanted to be blunt, but I didn't want to offend her. I know how parents are. I know how defensive you can get when someone tells you something you don't want to hear about your kids. So I tried to put it in a way she would take as constructive. I told her that he was starting fights with Girly, so she hosed him down with the hose. He got angry, hit her with numerous objects, and was out of control. I told her he was so angry, it was like he he couldn't be calmed down. I told her we tried to set him down and explain to him that you don't act like that. Her response...."Was he shaking?" Huh? Uh yah, he was shaking. He was pissed. Her response. "Oh Ok".

That's it. That was it. That was her response to the whole situation. No, "Is Girly ok?" No, "Hell Boy, what the hell are you thinking?" No, "Hell Boy, you're gonna get your ass whooped when we get home." No, Hell Boy, you need to apologize to Girly." Nothing.

Unfreakinbelievable. That kid is the devil I tell you! Actually it's probably the parents creating this devil. Sometimes I wonder what happens around that house that I don't know about!

7 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

Speechless about the Hellboy. Totally speechless. He's going to grow up to be one of those children who believes the world is doing them an injustice because they don't get their way over everything they want.

On the flipside, yeah for the potty training successes! It seemed so much easier training our second boy. Probably because we were a lot less stressed about it. That or he just really wanted those damn Star Wars underwear!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, that kid needs help. His parents have created a monster!

Anonymous said...

Yeah on the potty training- Whatever works! Cheers!

"Oh Ok"- Are you kidding me? Something is definitely wrong be mental, emotional, whatever- Mom's a nut too.

Jeesh!

Hugs Bella!

kimmyk said...

first off-good job on the potty training.

secondly i agree with dkog-he's going to grow up into a kid who sets cats on fire and thinks its cool.

i dont get parents at times. and her response of "oh ok" was like if he didn't shake well then there was something really wrong, but if he was shaking ...well alrighty then.

mind boggling.

I Am Boymom said...

Hell-boy is Hell-boy because his parents are enabling morons who think they need to give their son everything he wants in order to keep him happy. I can guarantee he throws the same kind of fits at home and they give him what he wants to calm him down. You were nice, Choppz. I have no tolerance for that kind of crap...from parents or kids! How sad for Hellboy that the world is gonna crush him because his parents thought they were doing him a favor by letting him control the family!!

On the potty-training! Woot, woot!! I remember finally being to that stage where i could quit buying diapers or pull-ups! Sucha glorious day! Now I just have to get them to hit the damn bowl once in awhile!

Jamie said...

That's awesome that the boys are getting the potty thing. Gabe is almost 4 and STILL wears diapers at night. And he sleeps in our bed majority of the time so there's no way I want to be 'swimming' at night;)

Gosh, I so would have lost it on Hellboy...his mom too;) That family needs some SERIOUS help. She DRESSES him and all? That is just SICK! And if some kid was that jerky to my kid...whoa watch out.

Nature Girl said...

that right there is a serial killer in the making. I hope he goes to public school rather than homeschooled otherwise the kid is a total loss, if he goes to public school at least there's a chance someone will intervene or at the very least some kid will knock him for a loop..
Stacie