Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Chillen

Just sitting here with my Coke Zero and contemplating what the hell to do.....

The kids have swimming lessons tonight, so I do have to make sure Crazy takes a nap before hand so he's not a whiny, little terd. Yeah, I see that happening!

I lost another pound. Yippee!! (do you hear the sarcasm in my voice??) Yeah, I know it's something I have to work towards, and take bits at a time, but this working my ass off thing, and not losing anything is pissing me off. Ahh well, what can ya do? I bet that Long John Silvers last night didn't do me much good though....hmmm..ya think?

Took Baby Boy to his 18 month check up today. He's all done with his shots till he goes into Kindergarten!! Yahh! But the doc ordered an x-ray of his hips. The little terd still isn't walking on his own yet. He will push his walker around like crazy, and walk all along the furniture, but you try to get him to walk solo, and the little guy just flops down and crawls like a madman. Till he reaches some sort of chair or something. So anyways, the doc seems to think he may have hip displacement or something that is causing him to not be able to have much balance. I myself think it's pure laziness. I mean all my kids took their time walking. Girly didn't walk till around 15 months and Crazy didn't start till between 16 and 17 months. So I just figured Baby Boy was following their lead. But the doc seems to think he is way behind and something may be wrong. I guess we'll see!

Well the littlest twerp is up from his nap and is calling to me to come save him from his wretched crib. They all seem to think I am here to service their every whim. Geesh!

9 comments:

Amie said...

I bet he starts walking right after the x-ray LOL That always happens when they orders evaluations for tests.

Can't believe he is 18 months already!

Me said...

I'm with Amie. It'll happen just after that. Just like washing your car....you wash it and then it rains.

Nature Girl said...

LOL..yep, I bet that's exactly what happens! Good luck. I'll be thinking good thoughts.

congrats on the loss...every little bit counts..it's hard.
Stacie

for a different kind of girl said...

He'll probably go running into the room when it's time for xrays!

Good luck with that and the motivation to stick to a program that's working for you - even if it does seem to be to slow some days!

Melissa said...

Yeah, I am sure he'll be walking soon too! He is just taking his sweet little time :D

Liza said...

I hope it's nothing too serious for his hips. He probably is just taking his time :)

eyes_only4him said...

My Boo didnt start walking till 15 months..and boys are slower...dont worry..once he walks, your in trouble..

one pound is good..its better then gaining a pound.

Jamie said...

Yes, I feel like a slave in my house w/my kiddos;) Gotta do everything for them at the drop of a toy! Every kid is different...I hate when they get all concerned and all...

Linda said...

Doing some catching up... :)

It'll be good to have the x-rays done though. I know my kiddos have low muscle tone, so that's why they are always late with the gross-motor stuff. No concerns though! We've had both our girls in therapy and they love it and it helped them tremendously!

Morgan's still taking only 6 steps and falling. It's a big start though. Alyssa walked around with that walker toy FOREVER too and then one day she walked across the room. We couldn't even count the # of steps, because there were so many. And from that moment on, she was a walker. I don't think I'd consider Morgan a walker, since she still uses the butt-scoot as her main way of mobility. And she isn't really even that crazy about the walker toys. It's amazing how all kids really are so different!!