Tuesday, August 21, 2007

YAWWWWNNN!

Wow, I'm tired. But Hub's is working extra overtime tonight, so it's just me and the kiddos.

Got some good news on the house. We should definitely be closing by the end of next week. Go figure though, along with the good news came some bad news. The damn mortgage company we were working with went bankrupt, and they lost our inspection money. 400 bucks down the tubes, along with the company and all its credibility. We finally got ahold of someone who knows what the hell is going on, and they said the new company, that is taking over the bankrupt one, is going to pay the inspection fee. Heck yeah they should, holy crap, it isn't our fault the company went under and took all it's customers money with them. But I think the thing that pisses me off the most is that our realtor, and lending officer don't know squat. They don't call to inform us of anything that's going on. It got to the point where we just called the seller's agent. I mean, holy crap, should it take 4 months to get a house sold? I've never sold a house so I don't know all the kinds of happy horse shit that goes along with it, but good grief. And aside from waiting and waiting, we are left in the dark by the people that are hired to work for us. So the never ending saga of our house buying story is still pretty much at a stand still.

Waiting for Big Brother to come on. Love, love, love that show. I know, call me retarded, but I do. As soon as Hubs returns home, we will watch it. We also need to catch up on Weeds, and Californication. Both have become favorites of ours. Californication is a bit raunchy for my tastes, but it is still pretty funny.

Neighbor is coming around a bit. Waving and saying hello now. But that's the extent. Geesh, it almost feels like high school again.

Did a little more packing and organizing today. I will be sooo pissed if something happens and this house crap doesn't go through. Ughh, I hate looking at all these boxes!

Oh crap, and did I mention that Baby Boy took his first steps the other day? Yep, he took 3 or 4 unassisted steps. I about fell out of my chair.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm We picked our house in Vegas on November 4th or something and had it closed and moved in on the 3rd of December. There was no one living in the house though.. they were eager to sell. We had our loan approved before finding a house here and a 50k down.

Not sure what its like there.

Vegas mark rocks for buyers right now. We wanna sell and can't because we'd like to not loose our assholes in the process.

Smile.

It's all for the Equity.

kimmyk said...

yeah for baby boy!
but when he's moving like that and climbing taboot??? yeah that'll be fun. LOL!

that sucks about the money. glad the new company is doing the right thing...

ALRO said...

If i was in your shoes - i don't think i'd wanna give the realtor and lending officer a cut of the money i'd be spending on the new house..

Are you switching??? I would!

Grats on baby-first-steps... that's VERY cool!

for a different kind of girl said...

Yeah for the first steps! It'll no doubt soon be nonstop!

Yeah, I suppose, on that neighbor warming up thing, too, but sheesh, you made me all shuddery and nauseous when you mentioned high school! We told our oldest this week, as he watched "High School Musical 2" for the fourth time - "Um, we should shatter your reality now and inform you that high school is NOTHING like this!"

We bought both houses we've had direct from the owners,but, having worked with some professionals in other fields, I totally agree on feeling left out in the dark about things you should be aware of!

Nature Girl said...

gotta luv the real estate racket! UGH! I can't wait for the whole thing to be done with for you.

Baby Boy is walking right no schedule eh? Just think, if you had made that appointment for the xrays, it would have been last week and this week he walks. Yep..right on schedule! LOL
Stacie

Amie said...

Watch out, 3 kids on the move!

I hope everything else with the house goes smooth.