Friday, August 03, 2007

I'm a Survivor

Yes friends, I have survived. I am not on the run, and no duct tape was in order. Hell Boy was pretty good once again. It just seems as soon as Mom shows up through that door, he becomes a different boy. Gets in the fridge and demands food, starts jumping on the furniture, not sharing toys with Crazy, trying to pick up Baby Boy. It's weird. I mean, don't kids usually get better when their parents ARE around??? This one, he is the complete opposite. But then again, he knows I am not going to yell at him in front of his mom, only because that should be her job, and 2. She doesn't do shit to him, and he knows that. Ahhh, well.....it's done and over with, and I don't plan on doing that anytime soon. And if she asks, well....umm...I have other plans for that day...lol

Yesterday was kind of a strange day. I can't explain it, but it was just rough. For both Hubs and me. Weird things in the mail, agent troubles, and just an overall sucky ora about the day. Very strange, and very unsettling.

Girly and Crazy took swimming lessons for the first time yesterday. They had allot of fun. Even though there were about a dozen certified lifeguards there, I still found myself saying "Where's Crazy?", "Hubs can you see him?", "Does somebody have him?", "Crazy sit down, your going to fall into the water!" Hubs was like, "He's gonna be fine, he's surrounded by lifeguards!!" lol At first he was stiff and kinda scared, but after a couple minutes he was chatting her ear off! lol He's such a flirt. It was hard because I had to try to keep an eye on Girly, who did great, and try to keep an eye on Crazy at the same time. Mom's really do have to have eyes in the backs of their heads don't they? lol

5 comments:

Amie said...

I think it's very common for kids to act worse around their parents. My mom used to babysit for a lot of kids, and I remember that it was pretty normal for them to get all crazy when their parents showed up. One little boy used to throw tantrums just about every day when his dad showed up.

At least he behaved for you though!

Nature Girl said...

in my experience, kids are always WAY WORSE when their parents are around. I hope you don't have to sit him again anytime soon.

I'm sorry your yesterday was sucky..I hope today and this weekend go MUCH better!
I tagged you by the way..
Stacie

Me said...

Yesterday was a very strange day for you guys, indeed. I hope you got that VA crap straightened out. That's just creepy!!

ALRO said...

You used my trick didn't ya!! ;)

PODCAST IS UP .. posted it !!
Have fun...

Ben said...

Yikes, that sounds scary little lady.